Youth muzzleloader pronghorn.

DIYhunter

A good start to the season!!
4261image.jpg

1199image.jpg

It is his forth pronghorn buck. It is however his largest and the second on public land which makes it that much more sweeter. Strongly recommend the hunt, however it was much more of a hunt then we expected. My thought is that many will come away from the hunt a little disappointed. If a person is willing to get out of the truck and get after it, the quality is fantastic. Good luck with your son, hope he draws it next year!!

Congratulations.....very nice buck! Headed up there this weekend myself.

That looks like the new Remington Ultimate Muzzy. What load is he shooting? I bought one a month ago and cannot get it to shoot. Ended up sending it back to Remington after trying 4 different powders, who knows how many loads, and at least 4 different bullets from Barnes and Power Belt.

I am back to my trusty Encore and Omega.

Jim

We both shoot the same load. 275 grain Parker Match Hunter with the MMP HPH 12 sabot and 130 grains of BH 209 by volume (91 grains by weight). Have been pretty impressed with it thus far. Some good videos on line with Randy Wakeman that were very helpful. Good luck on your hunt.

Each side was just over 16", had decent bases a little over 6" with 5" prongs a little thin up top. I came up with a gross score of 81" being conservative as often times when it's yours sons goat , might have tendancy to over score it!! Long story short very close to 81" gross score. No doubt he has family bragging rights on pronghorn.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom