​New Draw Statistics Coming June 1st

jainoon

Colorado Parks and Wildlife is excited to announce new Draw Recap Reports beginning with the 2015 draws​​​. For the first time, pre-draw and post-draw information, and license quotas have been com​bined into a single, easy to read layout. The redesigned summaries will offer better transparency, providing hunters with the same information that Colorado Parks and Wildlife uses to manage the limited-license drawing.

I was informed of this as I was asking a lady at the Denver Dow for info. It will be wonderful to be able to research draw possibilities without the previous tediosity (a word I hope). My cousin and I have 11 deer points and are wanting to decide the best way to spend them. This will help a lot!
J_T_B

10 forth season tags... 2 are gone to welfare off the top.
8 left. should be 80-20 split but they wont let that happen,
So %65 is 5.2 %35 is 2.8.. ???? 5 res tags 3 non res?
or 6 res 2 non res????
These are the questions I have never got answers to...Looking forward to the info.

>10 forth season tags... 2
>are gone to welfare off
>the top.
>8 left. should be
>80-20 split but they wont
>let that happen,
>So %65 is 5.2 %35
>is 2.8.. ????
>5 res tags 3 non
>res?
>or 6 res 2 non res????
>
>These are the questions I have
>never got answers to...Looking forward
>to the info.

The answer should be 6 and 2 as the nonresident quota is capped at 35% and should not go over that amount. However an easier to read draw form could prove otherwise. I have looked at a full hunt codes where the NR cap at 35 was followed at least in the first draw than after the 1st choices are done it is a free for all!

LAST EDITED ON May-28-15 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]Tomichi- In your hypothetical scenario, assuming the hunt is not undersubscribed on the part of residents, 2 tags is the NR ceiling in the public draw, without exception. Residents are then eligible to draw all 8 public tags.

If enough NR's apply who have as many or more points than the residents who apply, then NR's can draw up to 2 tags. In spite of the common misconception, no public-draw elk or deer tags are set aside for NR's.

This information is available on the Hunt Recap and Drawing Summary reports.

>Tomichi- In your hypothetical scenario, assuming
>the hunt is not undersubscribed
>on the part of residents,
>2 tags is the NR
>ceiling in the public draw,
>without exception. Residents are then
>eligible to draw all 8
>public tags.

Well, residents would only get 6, because the welfare landowners got 2 off the top. So the 10 tag allocation would be:
Landowners: 2
Residents: 6
NR: 2

That is under a 65/35 allocation. A 80/20 would be 2/7/1.

Tomichi
I know the hunts you're looking at, for some reason 4th season 66 had a hybrid draw. Some lucky guy scored with 6 points. None of the other 4th season deer had the hybrid.
Some day your bad luck will end and you'll have to quit your job to hunt everything in the same season. Including moose!

Oak it depends on which residents apply. If at least 8 residents apply who have more preference points than all the non-residents who apply, then residents get all 8 tags & NR's get none. Certainly possible and certainly happens every year for lots of hunts.

Probably not in the case of most 4th season deer tags though. But then again Tomichi's scenario was a hypothetical one.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom