.01 pins

M

mcfly83

Has anyone ever used .01 pins in a Black Gold vengeance sight? How well did they light up in low light situations? I like idea of having more precision and a larger sight picture, but want to get the opinion of others. Thanks.

Boy 0.010 pins are pretty small. For me they wouldn't work out so well, I need as much advantage as I can get with my tired eyes and I am not getting any younger that's for sure. That's a great sight though. IMO I would think small pins like that would be awesome for rabbits and squirrels but maybe a little overkill on big game.

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-12 AT 07:55AM (MST)[p]I like .010 on my long range pins. For me, anything bigger covers up too much of the target. I like to set up my sights with .019 on my 20-40 pins and .010 for beyond that. I see no advantage to small pins inside of 40 yards.

Those are some mighty small pins, and where I can see they have there advantages at longer distances; I fear I would have a hard time seeing those sized pins. I think I would have to have a dedicated pair of glasses/contacts to shoot those pins.
WVBOWAK

I bought a new .015 from Cobra and it made a world of difference for me, Great sight I would recommend it to anybody(unless you have bad eyes)

I like the .010's. Especially at 70, and 80. The only thing I would recommend is if you can configure your own pins, to leave the red out. Go with the greens and yellows.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom