021 Archery late Nevada

huntcrazyinCA

Gentlemen, good morning I drew the late archery 021 tag in Nevada this year...honestly I didnt put in for it on purpose...I screwed up some how on my app....ow well Im still going to go into this hunt with everything I got. From what research I have done thus far it sounds like it is a weather dependent hunt. I have no problem working my butt off to get it done and puttin in a good bit of leg work, I will be ordering some maps of the unit here soon.granted I have ALOT of time till this hunt takes place but I would like to see what im in store for/lookin at! I am hoping there might be some fine folks here that would not mind sharing some info, It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance fellers!

The weather dependency determines your access, not deer in the area. One year access everywhere & next you're confined to valley floor (snow & mud). 21 archery was my first choice, didn't get it so I'm all butthurt. Could be awesome, but you gonna need game on!

I would agree 100% with what nocal said. Weather only determines access, not deer in the area. Can be a great hunt, but weather can make it miserable to, snow, rain, and sometimes just plain COLD. Either way great tag, good luck.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-14 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys for the reply's!!! I kinda got the idea it could be a great hunt so I'm purtty pumped about it! As long as I have foot access I'm not to worried about that part! So from what you gents have stated a lil weather is great...just not alot! i plan on heading up there in November to take a gander around and get some ideas.

I would enter the petersons from the west side, theres a trail that takes you within 1000 feet of the top. Its a steep climb to the top but once your on top its just small rolling hills. And be prepared for some wind.

Be prepared to see 100 forked horns and small 3 points before you see a decent buck!

Last season the archery season had the bad weather some days were a bust zero degrees high wind or fog any one of the three makes it hard to bow hunt.

>
>One big 'Forky' Bruce, that's all
>you need! ;-)
>
>
>'Ike'

Ike....think Im going to try and hold out for a hour or two...LOL!!!
Guys thanks for the 411!!! feel free to PM me if you would like so it aint all hangin in the WWW.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom