032 Antelope Rifle

MuleyFNG

I was fortunate enough to pull an Antelope tag this year. I'm familiar with west and northern Washoe but not too familiar with Humboldt county in that area. Any info/help on where to start would be appreciated and I can exchange info on 221/222 and 011. Thanks in advance.

Tony

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get
punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Tony are you going to be able to scout much I have hunted this unit quite and coud point you towards a few spots to check out. PM me and we can talk in a little more detail.

I had the 032,034,035 tag last year. I will send you a PM of the info that I have. I saw a lot of antelope but never did find the one I wanted. It was a fun hunt but I guess I was a little too picky.

I also got lucky and pulled this area,032/34/35 as a NR and many years of trying. I've never been there so I'm also looking for some advise on where to start. The area looks huge with not to many roads.I haven't hunted speed goats since the early 1970's so I'm looking for a fun hunt and probably bring my young grandson along.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Greg

I drew this tag last year and saw a lot of good bucks but it was tough due to the fires. My dad drew it this year and I plan on taking a couple scouting trips this summer. I'll let you know what I see

I drew this tag for Archery this year. I will get out for a couple scouting trips and put in 7-10 days of hunting. PM me your contact info. I will be happy to share what I find while scouting and hunting.
Personally, I could use some advice on techniques during the archery season on this unit. I have only hunted pronghorn once before and the early season monsoon took me off water and sent me spotting and stalking into the land of 1000 frusterations. I can find my own areas and bucks to target, I am looking for advice on what you would use as your default/backup/hail mary technique(s).
It'g gonna be a great year!

Thanks everyone for the tips. If successful I'll definitely post photos. If I have any info to share after my scouting trips I'll post that as well.

First off, Thanks to those of you that sent me PM's.
I went up an drove around the whole area during July. Unfortunatly,it was the week with the temp was 120 degrees and I was driving a car so I couldn't get up into the high country. Went up 140 to Denio Junction,up to the border of Sheldon Refuge and took some roads running West but couldn't get up too high.Got in the middle of a monsoon rain storm and my girl friend who absolutley is terrified of lightning,screamed like a Banshee all the way back to Winnemuca.
Drove and glassed other roads in the same area the next day but saw
no lopes.The next day drove rt 49 west to Gerlach as well as some side roads running North but there was a lot of water and no goats.
I stopped at Fish and Game in Winnemuca and talked to the biologist
and he had suggested to look at 32 since there were fires in 35 at the time.
The only goat I saw on the whole trip was a dead one on the side of the road. Work is limiting my available hunt time so do I,turn my tag in, hire a local guide, or still try it on my own.
Thanks
Greg

Hey Greg. I'm heading out to scout the weekend before the opener since work has limited my time to scout. I'll let you know what I find. I'm also wondering if I should hire a guide as well.

Tony

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom