S

Spome

Hunted this zone in late 80's and early 90's.

Winter of 92 seemed to devastate the deer numbers in the area.
Went back into the area in 2000 and 2005 hiking the Black rock wilderness. saw a few deer and a decent buck or two. By comparison was disappointed. Haven't hunted it since 92.
Great experiences then and know the area well.
Anyone out there have any updates on this herd and its potentials for 180 bucks??

I go deep into 034 every year for a big chukar hunt we do. And for the last 3 years I have not seen a single mature buck. We hunt the south eastern part of the unit and have always gotten alot of birds, and see alot of sheep.. but no deer. I had an antelope tag for 034, 032, 035 this year and put on the miles on the north end of 034 where it meets 032 and back up toward the Lahontan Cutthroat Trout area, there are a lot of antelope and very few deer. i was highly disappointed, obviously that isnt to say they arent in there but they are not where I am.

Definitely way down. I did lots of research this past few years as I wanted to hunted in 32,33 or 34. I ended up in Unit 6 and most outfitters will tell you the same thing.

Jazz

Had a non resident tag in 2000. Saw quite a few deer but nothing big at all. All 4 of us tagged out. Lots and lots of chuckars and horses. Camped near the windmill SE of Soldier meadows. Lots of lopes also.

We had two resident tags in this unit in 1997 and had a fantastic hunt. There were deer everywhere and we would see between 15-25 bucks a day. I passed on a couple I probably shouldn't have but ended up taking a pretty nice typical on the last day that grossed 178 and netted 173. We drew 034 again and had the exact opposite experience. Very few bucks and nothing over 170. Have spent some time chukar hunting up there over the past few seasons and just don't see the number of deer and size of bucks that this unit was producing 10 years ago. Very disappointing because there is some really gorgeous deer country in there. Just not seeing anything that would cause me to put it down as one of my choices.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom