041-042 Speed Goat Scouting

highsierra

Just returned from a couple of days running around in 041-042 scouting for my upcoming hunt. Here's a couple of photos I managed to get through my spotting scope. The first and second photos are of a buck that is plenty long and has good mass. Just no prongs to speak of...kinda weird. The third photo is of another nice buck with descent mass and good prongs...but probably not enough length. I'm still on the lookout for that one REALLY BIG goat. I've taken several nice bucks over the course of my lifetime in WY but have never had one tape out near that magical 80" mark. Maybe this will be the year in NV...?

Overall, I saw over 100 antelope over the course of 1 evening and 1 morning. Check 'em out and let me know what you think:

9815resize_1.jpg

8516resize_2.jpg

5399resize_1.jpg

Those are definately some goofy looking antelope right there. I tried some numbers and came to about 74-75 for each one, but my instinct says they may be just a little bigger. I think that second buck has exceptional mass below the prongs and exceptional prongs, and my 6" guess there may have been a little low. Nice antelope either way.

second one looks good in every area except that he doesn't curl in much on the top which will make him shorter than he looks. He sure has some good mass and prongs.
If your seeing 100 antelope then keep after it, there will be an 80"er pop up.

drew same units been back scouting the first part of july with my son who drew 032.didnt spend much time in 041 but did get to se some of it.but still need to acess to areas.i have got some info .my phone #5102894630

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom