061 071 elk hunt

hkm

I drew a 061 071 bull rifle tag this year. Was looking for any information that could help. What is a realistic goal for a good bull in this unit. I plan on scouting for 4 days in sept and 4 days in early october plus 5 days prior to opening day.

Russ hope you have a good scouting trip. If you see a brown ford f 350 with a flat bed cal plates it will be me . Stop me and we can talk. Good luck

No my partner had to work over labor day. We are going to go scouting 7/11-7/14.We will scout more in 071 than 061. Got some information from some pepole we know who saw some nice bull elk when they were scouting for deer.How was your scouting trip.

I bet there are only elk in 2 percent of the country we looked in. Real dry and yellow at most elevations. We did see a few around merrit mt. Russ ps I'm curious as what the elk will do in Nov.

Just got back from my scouting trip. It was hot high 80 to low 90. Saw a lot of good looking country but it had a lot of quad roads. Did find a area that had few quad roads and saw some elk. One big bull but there were other hunters scouting the same area. And they had friends that killed a big bull in that area last year. I am also wondering what the elk will do in november. The biologist told me that the elk will stay in the area if they are not pushed to Idaho by hunting presure. He also said that the big bulls will stay in the unit but find a place away from presure. Wish you luck. HKM

try wickup get to 3/4 up and glass to the bowl.
last week a hurd of approx 200 there. acess limited so get ready to pack it out. heavy snow expected toneight so
you might want to invest in chains.
Good Luck !!

Thank you for the information.Will look at wickup. My brother and a friend are hunting in Idaho this week and already have one elk in camp. So they will be in shape to help me when they to nevada to help me

I will post some pictures when I get back. My brother called tonight from Idaho they got a 5 point and a 6 point today and will join me a few days earler. Hope there luck comes with them

Got back yesterday from Nevada .Had a great time saw over 450 elk in 4 days of scouting before season opened and over 60 bulls. Had 3 bulls that I thought were shooters located. Ended up shooting a 350 gross 6 pointer at 60 yards. Will try to post some pictures when I can

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 04:00?PM (MST)

Scouted 4 days prior to opening day saw over 400 elk and aprox 60 bulls. Had 2 bulls patterned doing the same thing all 4 days .Planned to be in place at day light. We were in place but the elk did not show up. Spotted a bull a mile down the mountian feeding. He bedded in a small willow patch. Watched him for 3 hours then made the stalk. Got to within 30 yards of the top end of the willow patch my brother went around to the other side of the willow patch. He tossed in two rocks and nothing happened. He moved further down the patch and started looking in with his binoculars whed he started to give me the hand signels for bull in bed 30 yards i knew this was it . He picked up a rock and hit the bull in is bed . The bull busted out giving me a 60 yard running shot. One shot and the work is just starting .He gross scored 354. Trying to post picture but I and computer illerate

All my pictures in the field have to much kb. Took a photo with cell phone at home hope it will post. Not the best picture
4afe0bc519f59524.jpg

I had help from my brother and a good friend. Shot the bull at 11:30 boned him out and had the meat and cape back at the quads at 7:30 . 500 yards down hill and 1,500 vert feet up hill to the quads. One trip with the cape and one trip with all the boned out meat

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom