'08-Halftime!

K

ktc

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-07 AT 02:13PM (MST) by browtine (moderator)[p]Do you guys ever have one of those years? One of those years when you apply for several hunts and hope to get one or two tags? That was what I was hoping and everything come pouring in. Good thing I plan a little so no conflicts occured.

I was lucky to get a tag to hunt antelope this year. I got some help from some fine folks here and was on my way. We did not see the caliber of bucks we wanted for the first few days. We located my buck and set up on him. Just like clock work he came in. We ranged him and one shot later he was eating desert dust. SaddleSore went with me and I put him to work! Ha! No, we had a great tiime as always.
4703f7643741924c.jpg

My daughter also drew a great antelope tag. This one was the one I was looking forward to. She is 12 and I was hoping to show her a fun time. We located a great buck the day before the season. She wanted that particular goat so we went back first thing opening morning. We found the buck and on 4 occasions he presented 4 different shots. She could not hit the thing! She later admitted she was nervous. I told her that is how it goes! That night she found a nice buck and made a great one shot kill. Not record book stuff, but still very nice!
4703f77f37e4aa92.jpg

Now it was time for Utah elk with my wife. I went down 5 days early to glass up some bulls. SaddleSore and my wife came down the day before. We were in for a tough hunt. The elk were quiet and scattered. We found a few satellite bulls opening day, but nothing very good. Sunday we found a great bull, but he was smarter than us. We looked for him Monday and never seen an elk. Tuesday I had another plan so we tried that. We cow called him to 150 yards or so and she pounded him in the shoulder and he went down fairly quick. SaddleSore got a work out after this one!
4703f796383483cb.jpg

Now it is halftime. I do not have to hunt for a month or so. I need some time off. We do have a couple of deer tags with some serious potential. I hope the second half of this season is even a shadow of the first half!:)

I asked Browtine to post up some pics so we will have to wait on him now.;-)

I am right there with you, and man is it ever a good problem to have. Here is my list of hunts this year.

Montana Archery Antelope
Utah Deer (general tag)
Utah Archery Elk (general tag)
Utah Cow Elk
Colorado Deer
Wyoming Antelope
Nevada Deer
Alaska Sitka Blacktail

So far so good. I killed a 70" antelope in Montana with my bow, a cow elk with my bow in Utah, a 165" mule deer buck in Colorado, and an 80" antelope in Wyoming. My wife, and her dad also killed good antelope in Wyoming on the same trip (got all three the same day). We have been having a great time "whackin' and stackin' 'em". Hopefully I haven't used up all my luck yet.

Good luck on the rest of your hunts.

Damn! it is only 07 too! Ha! See how crazy this is so far?

YELUM,

Monte has had two great hunts. He is done now as of last night. I will let him tell the stories.

Pictures up..

GREAT year man. I am still in AWE over your wifes bull.. Way to go MRS!!!

I still have Utah and Colorado deer, Utah elk and cow elk.. Its been a great year so far. I have watched a few great animals hit the dirt.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

KTC - You know things are going well when you forget what year it is..LMAO

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-07 AT 02:24PM (MST)[p]Thanks bt. I wish you could fix the 08 though? I am getting ahead of myself!;-) I spoke to BLT this morning and we are making plans to get the stuff done! My wife already has her spot on the wall picked out!:) One guy told me "You know you are a redneck when your taxidermy bill is more than you owe on your house." Ha! True!

I thought you guys might enjoy a few pictures. Good luck to all you guys with tags. This has been kind of a crazy year with some pretty sweet stuff already.

RELH did a little "Welcome to Hunting" gift for my daughter. It was a very nice gesture in many ways. She will keep it forever and take great care of it!

ktc,
thanks for the update and pics.
Those are very good representantive pronghorns! I've already commented on the mrs. bull, but still enjoy looking at the pics again.
Now, I was about to give you kudo's for figuring out posting pics, til I read the whole thing and saw that BT did it for ya!!
LOL
Good luck on the deer hunting, hope you have a blast doing it, dont forget to clean the camera lens. LOL

ktc, it's great to see you making the most of your tags, regardless what year it is!:) Keep it up in the second half!

Eel

Some day I hope to have your same troubles, seems your dealing with them well. Did you ever throw out a score on Ms's elk?

Heck of a first half for the ktc family. Enjoy the halftime break you deserve it. It's not not easy being the family guide but it sure looks fun. Good luck on the second half.

KTC,

Thanks for posting those pic's! You all have had a great year! The results of a lot of time and waiting in line! What a payoff! Hope to see some pic's of some nice bucks real soon! Good luck and talk to ya later!

Chad

Ty;

I am very glad to see your family's hunting photos posted. All of you did just great. You better watch out, between the wife and the daughters, you may end up taking last place on the wall of trophys.
Take a well earned breather, you may need it to fill the rest of your tags.

RELH

P.S. Does this mean you are going to cook the backstraps for your wife and Katie, since they brought the meat home.

Sounds and looks like your working this saddlesore guy pretty hard. And he didn't even get to be in a picture. Those are some great animals you have taken so far. Good job.

AZ,

SaddleSore is pretty ugly. We try to keep him out of the photos.;-)

He likes working hard. He calls himself the Elk Caddy now. :)

How in the hell do you keep going ktc?My two elk hunts have just kicked my butt.What a great season the ktcs are having I am sure you will kill a couple nice mule deer this year also.YELLUM I did not kill the caliber of bulls I was dreaming about but am still very happy with my success and will never forget the great people that helped me out this year I am still lauging at some of the things that went on in camp on the dutton.My dutton bull was taken on Sunday I returned home for one day got things ready and left Tuesday and that is also when my Wyoming bull fell.If someone would like to post a couple photos I cant remember how to down size the photos the correct size.
Good luck to the rest of the MM clan this year on any up coming hunts keep the photos coming in.
Monte

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

THERE AIN'T GONNA BE ANYTHING LEFT THE TIME I GET A TAG!!!

WAY TO GO ktc!!!

KEEP SADDLESORE IN SHAPE!!!

I MIGHT HAVE TO LEASE HIM HERE IN ABOUT 20 YEARS WHEN I DRAW OUT!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

RE: JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

Great year for you and your 'girls' Ty!

Good for you Monte! two good bulls down from two different states in the same year!

Robb

Thanks Robb it was fun to have ktc,Jeremy,Ryan help me out this year on dutton and without the aid of saddlesores horse the one day I dont know if I could have kept going that saved my legs just enough to keep going.Pics should be up soon.

Ugly? Man that's gratitude for ya. I'm glad browtine posted some more pics to put that rumor to rest. You get me in a dim enough light, I fair okay.

Bess, don't worry about ktc keeping this guy in shape. He is well skilled in that area. He is kind of a back woods Billy Blanks. If I'm not mistaken, I think I even found a muscle under my shirt sleave after the elk hunt. (It may have been just a big zit, but I am not really sure?) Don't worry though, you won't be seeing any shirtless hand stand pictures from this guy. Moosie has the corner on that market.:)

Bird, glad you got some use out of the horse. Hopefully, he was little tamer than the last one you got on down there. ;-)

I had a talk with the coach and I am hoping to make a contribution in the third or fourth quarter.

Don't tell anyone bobcat, but SaddleSore is cheap labor. He is too cheap to buy his own beer, so if you toss him a couple a day, he stays busy.

He did complain to the coach so the third quarter (in 07 not 08) he is the first option in the offense.

Awesome job ktc! When we talked before the season we knew it would be a long one but full of success. It does take good tags to have that much success and you got em buddy! I'm sure your taxidermist is one happy dude. Did you ask Paul if he has a frequent flier program?

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom