08 muley

M

mostlymulies

I killed this hog on the secound day of the New Mexico muzzle loader hunt. 169 yards, he took two stumbling steps before hitting nose first in the dirt! He gross scores 238 3/8

I know, me and computers just don't click ! I will try again. You can a picture in the photo's section of Monster Muleys dot com. The heading is "New Mexico Hawg buck for Dave"

mostlymulies,
That thing is a hog, congrats now lets here the story..

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

the smile says it all

496258b23b3b1d7f.jpg

My story aboutmy hunt will be in the "best of the best" issue of Muley Crazy magazine.
When I first saw this group of bucks, I was done with my morning hunt and was headed back to camp for some lunch. I had unloaded my gun shooting at a rock across a canyon. Then on the wayu to camp my wife and I are coming down this little 2 track road and she spots these 7 really good bucks. Great, now what do I do ! We just turned around and went right back where we had just came from. I got out and had Krist6y drive reached in the back of the prowler and grabbed my fanny pack, told Kristy to just keep driving back down the road. I watched the bucks as I loaded my gun. They we're headed down through the mesquite's to the east south east. In my mind I am thinkin that they were headed north to bed in the finger canyons as it was about 10:30 in the morning and getting pretty warm. I headed east down a large draw to try and intercept them as they turned back to the north, I hoped. I climbed out of the draw after traveling about a mile. As I creeped up the incline to where I could see alittle I see this big buck just standing there broadside about 275 yds away!

well the short part is, for the next hour and 45 minutes I crawled on my hands and knees and then on my belly to gain a hundred yards on him after I had watched him bed down.I was out of cover completly at this point and had decided to just lay and wait for him to make the next move. The wind had been blowing from my right to left this whole stalk, then all of a sudden i felt it blow right up my back and force me to shoot before i was ready. Because as so many hunters can attest to, the lone doe in the bunch smelled me and got all the bucks to stand and become aware. But it all worked out for the good. One shot put him on the ground.

This has been an awesome area for us. Two years ago I killed a real nice 170" mule deer,last year my nephew killed his very first deer, it scored 165 and my son inlaw killed a 200" mule deer. It is private land and there will be 3 permits available for 2009.

I used 125 gr of 777 and 200 gr TC shockwave polimer tipped sabot. Shot thru the high shoulder, he took two steps and just colapsed. Found bullet under hide on opposit side. Did a good job in my opinion.

Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom