08 Season!!!!!!!!!

3bigelkid

I will show you mine if you show me yours! I need a picture fix of some nice Idaho animals. So here are my harvests....

The first kill for me of 08 was this nice bull that my buddy called in.

After hunting 15 days for one particular buck I ended my misery and took this smaller buck.

I then had a couple days to burn and took my 8 year old boy with me out on my antelope tag. He got to stalk and watch me shoot this guy.

After I shot the archery deer I went out and bought a nonresident leftover tag to get some more archery hunting in on the big boy. I still could not get him so I decided to pick up the rifle on Oct. 10th. Unfortunetly, I got a little excited and made a big mistake on opening day in the PJ's and shot the wrong buck! Oops.

I also ended up with a Colorado 3rd season deer tag and hunted 6 hard days before finding this buck. Opening day I got beat to the trigger on a nice 185+ buck that a local missed 5 times. Thats the luck of a public land hunter!

To round out the year in December I took this good tom so that my new puppy could figure out what this lion hunting is all about. I am happy to report she has now been under 35 lions this year and is rockin!!!

This is a buddy holding him.

Overall 08 was a great year with friends and family. I will post their pics next if some of you pony up and post pic.

Dude, you dealt some serious death this season! Holy $hit! Quality animals too! NICE freakin job!

id post pics of everything i shot this year but i didnt kill anything couldve shot some does with the bow but wanted a big buck first year in idaho and im still learnin looks like you got it figured out

49a1b5f9231050f4.jpg

140 pound lion, 7'1"

49a1b6942588548f.jpg

5'2" fall bear

49a1b6b425f5ca13.jpg

4X5 bull elk

49a1b75027e23a8b.jpg

26" muley

49a1b76d285e77af.jpg

3 point, extra non resident tag

IDTRHunter,
Very nice year. Do you run hounds?

GemJake,
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you post some pics. It nice to see some animals that the "wolves" didn't get.

Idaho has some awesome opportunities!!

Looks like you missed out on a big bowl of tag soup this year!!! I'll be moving back to Idaho after I retire in 2014. I'm always lookin' for a new friend to hunt with...... interested?

all joking aside... great job on alot of quality animals, got any video's of the kill shots?

How do you like the Blacks Creek Packs....Just curious, Sandy is my wifes aunt.

By the way, I had a moose tag as well. Unit 17-5, probably the tought hunt in Idaho. Scouted for 34 days and hunted another 14 and saw 1 bull in the 25" range.

Small world huh? I absolutely love the packs and you cant beat the warranty.

I thought they killed some big moose up there in 17? they must just be far and few between huh? at least you didnt have to pay NR fees!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Travis,
Nice animals! I am heading to New Mexico for a week for Barb Sheep and brothers oyrx tag. Got to get to packing. Hope we have some new pics when we get back. Thanks for posting
Jake

Took two bucks and an elk. No pics though. Filled all our tags. It was a good year for us. We had never filled all our tags before.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom