081 Archery Buck tag

jacill

Got lucky this year and pulled the 081 archery Buck tag. Curious how the actual size quality is out there?

Not looking for location info….I’ll do my scouting.

Just interested in quality….had 17 points in the hat. Thanks everyone.

I can't vouche for 17! Talk to the local biologist and warden. That corner gets hit hard every winter.

Had a friend with the muzzy tag last year. He is a good hunter and had good help. Saw a lot of decent bucks but never found a next-level deer. He ended up taking a really old, cool 3 point that he was happy with. I think he hunted all but a couple days of the entire hunt. From the pictures he shared with me, 140"-155" ish was pretty common.------SS

Classic case of bonus point separation anxiety syndrome. Happens to the best of us. We get so tied up in the points game that we forget why we have been collecting them. Sadly, in this case it seems to have been terminal. Wait 17 years for a tag and when you finally get it, back it goes. That’s one sure way to not kill the type of deer your after. Every unit in Nevada has the ability to turn out a monster. It’s been proven over and over. But to answer the question. No. Not worth the points. No unit is. You worked hard for those things. By all means, keep them…

"Back in the day" 081 used to be a trophy area. Biggest two bucks I've ever seen on the hoof were in that unit. Some big wall hangers out there in peoples houses. I think the genetics and feed are still pretty good in there. Problem is (that I see it), it's also a popular unit for elk hunters and it gets a ton of traffic out there anymore.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom