NM Unit 14 Early Archery

NJ100

Anyone have any insight on Unit 14 for early archery mule deer? I was lucky enough to draw a tag, but I live on the east coast and most likely will not have time to get boots on the ground before the season.

Thinking about targeting my E scouting in the higher elevations in central/south Manzanos.

Just looking for any info on what the deer heard is like and what sort of terrain to be expecting.

Good stable deer population. west side of he range is steep and ruff with very little access. east side steep, where the deer are. you will see lots of does where it is easy and some small bucks. hunt the burn scar away from the roads. some areas are very thick and hard to hunt.

Good stable deer population. west side of he range is steep and ruff with very little access. east side steep, where the deer are. you will see lots of does where it is easy and some small bucks. hunt the burn scar away from the roads. some areas are very thick and hard to hunt.
Thanks for the feedback! are you referring to the burn scar from the big 2016 fire?

image000000.gif

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom