1 power scopes - sorry to beat a dead horse

SneakAttack

Very Active Member
I've searched the archives for ideas and opinions and narrowed my choices down to a few scopes:

Traditions 1x32, TC Hunter 1x...can't remember, Weaver 1x20, Cabelas Pine ridge 1x20.

I stopped by Sportsman's tonight to see what they had. I really liked the Weaver. The glass was really clear with little to no parallax. At a little over $100, this might be the one. But the small object size worries me about low light conditions. I really like the price of the Traditions, $60, and the objective size. But the glass reminded me of a fish eye lens. I haven't looked through the TC Hunter. I also haven't looked through the Pine Ridge. Anyone have experience with any of these scopes?

I think my first one was the TC and it was not very good. I then setup a muzzleloader for my brother and I bought the nikon and the glass was much clearer. I would go Nikon for sure! Not sure what it costs though (150ish?), but like all glass, buy the best you can afford...especially when it comes to 1X, because you cant see squat through those. I am pretty sure they make the target smaller when looking through them.

I looked at the Nikon. But at 190 bones, I can't bring myself to buy it. Thanks for the input.

One no vote for the TC.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom