1 Swamp Donkey Down!

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Had the time of my life hunting moose with my son and my dad. Was able to watch my dad make a great shot on a real good bull. The 44 inch bull died in an absolute hellhole. Had to debone it and pack it out on our backs. I was very impressed with my son as he did 8 trips back to the truck with about 50 lbs in his pack per trip. Not bad for a 12 year old eh? The week was an absolute blast. As some of the old-timers on MM remember, several years ago my dad had a major heart attack while on a late season muley hunt with me and my brother. It was pretty touch and go for a while there, and we almost lost him. Each hunt I do with him is even more precious now. It was fun to be able to give a little back to him for all the times he packed out my critters when he was younger. The hard work getting this moose out was worth it. This is one hunt my son will never forget, and I am glad he got to share it with his grandpa. Cody had a few opportunities on a couple of bulls himself this week, but wasn't able to seal the deal. We'll giver another go this weekend.

Here are some pics from the week.
Oct5042a.jpg

Oct5044a.jpg

Oct5033a.jpg

Oct5052a.jpg

Oct5053a.jpg

Oct5013a.jpg

Oct5025a.jpg

Oct5016a.jpg

Oct5021a.jpg

Oct5015a.jpg

A decent sized wolf track
Oct5022a.jpg

Congrats to you/son/dad!!! Well deserved trophy for your dad and I know he appreciated all you/son did for him. Good job.

HEY BADGEBOY!!!

YOU SURE WEAR A SMALL HAT!!!

((( I COULDN'T RESIST!!! )))

NICE JOB!!!

LOOKS LIKE MOOSE WEATHER TO ME!!!

PACKING A MOOSE OUT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF WORK!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-08 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]Looks like a great family hunt. What caliber is the 99?

Bess, he wear's a small hat but you should see his shoes. :)

Congrats Bcboy, thats a great way to spend time with the fam! great job and I'm glad your dad is doing good!

Son

Another great BCBOY memory. I hope you are keeping a journal. Congrats to all 3 generations. And you are right, those are precious memories. My dad has been dead for 20+ years and I treasure every hunting memory I had with him. Keep up the great work, and good luck to Cody this weekend.

Tell "Dad" congrats! Sounds like a great hunt for sure. By the way, nice lever action Savage that your son is holding there! I have that same gun (my grandpas old gun) in a .300 caliber. Thanks for the picks BCBoy!

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Great job Steve. Cody is becomming a man before your very eyes! And we know you're proud of him.

Eel

Congrats BC, thats really great you and the men of your family got it done yet again. Your boy has sure turned into a heck of a great young man , and I have to say it's been great reading and in a sense watching him grow. That ole 99 will be be prised rifle for the rest of his life. Thanks for sharing it and again congrats to you and yours.....NM

I helped with a couple down moose last week and it takes a real man to shoot a moose because the pack out is hell. My hats off to you guys. Nothing better than three generations hunting togethr on the mountain. Keep it up, you'll cherish these moments forever. Love the porcupine pic. don't see alot of them anymore.

great pic and story - congrats!!!

I could be wrong but it kind of looks like that bull just rubbed off his velvet - within the last couple of days I would guess.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom