10 PP's for deer

Crazy4Elk

I have 10 resident point for deer. I primarily hunt elk and do not know the better unit for mule deer. I am not a trophy hunter by no means but I am ready to think about cashing in this points. I am starting my research but does anyone have some info they would like to share on a good unit to look into. does not matter what part of the state.

Thanks in advance....Marty

Crazy,
What is your objective in this hunt?
You say your not a trophy hunter, but then are willing to go anywhere in the state?

If your not after a trophy. second season, would be warmer, meat better, bucks not rutting. Plenty of meat bucks running around.

IF you want to see muley bucks rutting a 4th season hunt with colder weather would be the best.

Some units have very high success rates.

The majority of CO units will provide a good chance to punch your tag and see bucks. Good luck.

TO SEE A LOT OF QUALITY DEER, WITH A EVER CHANGING LANDSCAPE I WOULD BE IN UNIT 66 AS WELL. BUCK / DOE RATIO WAS EXCELLENT FOR A GROUP FROM MY HOME TOWN. HOWEVER IT DOES DEPEND ON YOUR OWN SET OF CRITERIA AS TO WHAT WOULD BE BEST FOR YOUR HUNT/ STYLE OF HUNTING.....................YD.

Well I have never hunted late in the year for deer in the RUT time so that could be fun. I just wann ahave a good fun hunt where I can see alot of nice decent bucks. I am not looking for a 200" mule deer....even though that would be cool. A reak nice heavy 4x4 would suit me just fine. I hunted 61 last year for elk and had a blast watching all the bulls and cows....kinda want the same experince but just with deer.

Crazt4Elk,

66 is fantastic for seeing deer. I would have preferred to hunt the 3rd or 4th season there this year due to the rut. Having said that, I really enjoyed seeing the amount of deer we did in the short time I was there. I pulled the trigger on my buck opening morning, but he fit all my criteria by a long shot. There is no doubt that if a guy dedicates some scouting time, and can hunt the whole season he will see some of the monsters that are in there. The rut would just make it that much better.

I've never hunted the other units, but I hear good things about them as well.

Thanks for the help guys I will look into 66 3rd or 4th season, those would work out too cause I want my 10 year old son to come along and football will be over by then.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom