1000 lakes archery deer

Jq23

I drew the archery deer tag for 1000 lakes this year. Headed down end if July to scout. Anyone have any good tips on where to start? I was going to take horses but it looks like there are alot of 4 wheeler trails. Did anyone hunt it in the last couple of years and could share some info.
PM me
Thanks

I drew the archery deer tag for 1000 lakes this year. Headed down end if July to scout. Anyone have any good tips on where to start? I was going to take horses but it looks like there are alot of 4 wheeler trails. Did anyone hunt it in the last couple of years and could share some info.
PM me
Thanks
Access is pretty good if you are a capable hiker. Units small look high and/or try and find bucks hitting ag on private and bedding on public.

I have elk hunted it a bunch.

Polk creek to deep creek can produce a few good bucks. On state road 72 there is usually a small bachelor heard utilizing the switchbacks above paradise. Have seen bucks outside of Lyman crossing the road from the fields.

Just got back from 1000 lakes scouting for deer and it was pretty disappointing. Saw 5 does all weekend. Went up on the plateau and saw only beef cows. Glassed some nice looking country off the east side by deep creek ridge and only saw 1 doe. Lots a beef cows everywhere. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking to hunt low down by loa

Unfortunately its as bad as Ive ever seen it at 1000 lakes this year. Why?....its a combination of multiple dry years...DWR totally devastated this unit by issuing too many tags....the Lemon bullies taking out all the good genes...and realistically, the unit doesn't have that many deer...look at the numbers that the DWR just put out. Having said all that, one method would be to hunt the aspen trees...have someone drop you off as high as you can go, and just slowly walk and stalk through the aspens...good luck

....the Lemon bullies taking out all the good genes...
Wait.....the Lemon Boys killed off all the does too?

Does carry trophy genetics just like bucks do.

And no I'm not defending any particular outfitter!

Genes don't get "shot out".

The Burris buck fathered many little does in his lifespan, and they carried and spread his genes throughout their lifespans, so did Popeye, Morty and Goliath and every other trophy buck that has ever lived.

There have been some good field bucks around Torrey. Sometimes these deer travel to public land to bed. There is one good deer on the switchback my dad is there all week this week. I will reply back later.

Wait.....the Lemon Boys killed off all the does too?

Does carry trophy genetics just like bucks do.

And no I'm not defending any particular outfitter!

Genes don't get "shot out".

The Burris buck fathered many little does in his lifespan, and they carried and spread his genes throughout their lifespans, so did Popeye, Morty and Goliath and every other trophy buck that has ever lived.
Widest buck sheds I ever picked up came from that unit, outside of Bicknell. 40" suckers laid out flat. My dad picked up a 190 shed there 2 years ago. Only one side. Kicked the crap out of any Henry's buck that we had seen.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom