100k vs. 24k maps on gps

Nimrod

I just got a Garmin 62s bundle and I am wondering if I should return it for the 62st. Apparently the difference is the 62s comes with one free 24k download which only includes 3 to 4 state regions where the 62st comes included with a 100k topo map of the whole United States. My experience with the 100k map tells me that it is plenty detailed but I have never seen the 24k maps. Can anybody tell me if it is that much better? What shows up on 24k that doesn't show up on 100k? Any opinions out there?

The 24k series has a route-able map. You punch in the way point or address and it will take you there with turn directions. I have it for my 60CSX and it is great. I have used it in my nuvi and it rocks. I also have the 100k series for both and it is old with not much in it. It has minimal point of interest and a few other things. The points of interest in the 24k series will take you to a cafe after your done hunting. The only b!tch I have with the 24k series is the area they give you. Mine is Idaho Montana and Wyoming. I wish it would have had half of Oregon, Half of Washington, half of Nevada, and Utah. If they would let you customize the map set that would be cool. in all the 24k is better than the 100k. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom