101-108 late

Magnus100

WOW,
My nephew Chris and I finally drew a Nevada Deer tag. Already ordered my BLM maps and cant wait for a summer road trip to look arond the area. Anyone have any info they want to share about where to begin in this huge area we would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, what kind of hunting do you do? Bivvy for days at a time? Day hunts with a backpack? ATV or Truck? Do a mixture of everything? fatrooster.

You'll see allot of deer with this hunt and a chance at a really big one. Hope for snow up high to move them down some. I have the early rifle hunt and hopefully with all this rain those horns will grow. Good luck!

Thanks for the responses guys and good luck on the early hunt. We will backpack in overnight if the weather isn't too bad. I am 45 and nephew is 23 so we can go pretty hard. I am a glassing mad man. Have killed some nice Mulies but never a 180 or bigger. Hoping to see some big guys. We are planning on hunting the last week.
Mike

Best of luck to you. Depending on how far you pack into the wilderness area, you may want to hire a local with horses to pack in/out gear and hopefully your trophy, if you're doing a DIY hunt. Great folks in the Elko/Lamoille area. I would surmise that you'll do some scouting, get to know these locals, they are a wealth of knowledge! I hunted the archery hunt there in 05, had to cut it short, due to the wife being VERY pregnant.

Hi guys,
We drew the late rifle tag for 101-108. Yes we will make 1 trip out this summer to scout and get to know area. Got my BLM maps in the mail friday so let the fun begin.
We hunt DIY.
Thanks,
Mike

You might also want to get a National Forest map of the area which will show the Wilderness area. fatrooster.

Yeah with your nephew spotting all the big ones out there you should have no problems getting a couple big bucks!!

Thanks for the personal messages guys. That gives us a great place to start looking. My nephew might grow up to be a good game spotter some day but for now I will have to find them for him... LOL
Mike

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom