101L Archery Mule Deer

Rookie90

Hey guys! My buddy drew a 101L Archery tag which runs from Nov.2 to Nov 10. Just wanted to get your input on this hunt?? I seem some monster bucks come out of there but archery and that late in the season is a different story. Any input, comments or feedback would be great!!!

You will see a lot of deer down lower if you get weather early. Monster's are far and few in the Ruby's but they are there.

Hey Rookie, I also drew that tag. This will be my 6th time with that tag. Had it 3 out of the last 4 yrs. It is usually my 1st choice, but I actually drew it as my 4th choice this year. Those dates are actually Nov. 10 to the 20th. They shaved 10 days off the end of this hunt. I think they are ruining what this hunt once was. Used to give out around 150 tags. 340 something last year really hurt. Right around 300 this year isn't real good in my opinion either. This hunt is rut dependent. The last couple yrs. haven't been as good. It's like the deer in that area know these dates now. I know that sounds goofy. You should see a lot of good bucks, but they are tough to get on with all those does they get with. The weather has been mild the past couple yrs. and with them shaving those 10 days off the end doesn't help. It is a fun hunt, but not as good as it used to be. Now that my dad has an elk tag during that time, I wish I could trade it for an early archery tag. Hope to squeeze in a couple days.

Thanks for the info guys!! NVGUY - I'm in the same boat you are my other buddy also drew a 22 early elk tag and those dates run in with this tag.. So ill be doing a lot of running around helping out both buddies!

Rookie90. good luck to you. That is a good elk tag. My dad also drew a Utah Manti rut rifle tag after 15 yrs. Then he draws this Nevada tag too. Crazy. I was already pist about them shaving 10 days off the end, which is why I put it my 4th choice. Now that my dad drew this elk tag, it really screwed me. Only 1 weekend during that late archery tag. Not much time. Oh well, make the best of it. I hunted in that 222 area a little in 2007 when I had a muzzleloader tag. I really liked it.

I had this tag last year I went the second to last week and the bucks were just starting to rut. I was not able to connect on a buck but it has to be one of the best hunts I've been on with a bow. I seen tons of bucks and some good ones the problem is the does with the bucks. I put in with a buddy that had points but no luck on the draw. If you want more details feel free to pm me.

I was more worried that you were right.
That is going to be a short hunt.
Hopefully we wont get snowed out, and the rut starts when the hunt starts!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom