11 yr old hunter receiving death threats

C

COjack

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394344,00.html

Wish we could send him some better emails.

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.

Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound ?Monster Pig?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008

When a 1,000-pound wild hog was shot last year in Alabama, 11-year-old hunter Jamison Stone couldn't have been happier. But his prize photos of the 9-foot-long boar have continued to cause a stink, one the Stone family can't seem to shake.

The backlash has only grown worse, with one group calling for the hunters' prosecution.

"It is unbelievable what my family has been through over the past year," Mike Stone, Jamison?s father, told The Birmingham News. "It has taken 10 years off my life."

An online petition has garnered more than 800 signatures from around the world demanding prosecution for what activists are calling animal cruelty, according to the newspaper. Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer seeking punishment for the hunting team, says it took three hours for the ?monster pig? to die after the animal was shot 12 times with a pistol.

Click here to see the full story from The Birmingham News.

"My concern is that this case has brought a negative image to Alabama and to hunters who hunt ethically," Shearer told the News. Shearer has demanded investigations from the county and federal attorney?s offices and two conservation departments, but no charges have been filed.

RelatedStories
Alabama Boy Kills 1,051-Pound Monster Pig, Bigger Than 'Hogzilla' Alabama Boy That Killed Monster Hog Speaks Out About Slay But her fight is not over.

?There are people all over the world who are outraged," she said.

The Stone family is feeling their wrath.

"You should see some of the emails and hear some of the calls we have received," Jamison?s father said. "They are explicit. They tell how they are going to kill my son, like cutting his head off.

"It has had us scared to death ... All I did was to take my son on a legal hunting trip."

The prize pig, shot by Jamison Stone on an Alabama hunting preserve in May 2007, was 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than the original ?Hogzilla,? the legendary 800-pound, 8-foot-long wild hog killed in south Georgia in 2004.

That's unfortunate. I feel bad for the family and kid. It's ridiculous how extreme these hippies are getting.

You know whats sooooo funny about this. When I lived in Florida growing up, I did alot of problem hog removal, from neighborhoods, to government land, but I always got a kick out of people getting a hold of us, telling us how evil hunters were, but to please get rid of the hogs that were tearing up their prized garden..lol The anti hunters will never get it...

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-08 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]I don't think gut shooting hogs is a crime, it is common practice down here in Texas:) If you have to drag one off the field you are a chump!

Just sickening.
Those lowlife freaks are beyond description.
evil.gif

I agree HH! But that's exactly how they view each of us that hunt and we're kidding ourselves to think otherwise. They will stop at nothing to end your right to hunt including threatening a child!

Anti's are a bunch of F***'G @$$holes, they are so stupid, they get so upset when we hunt but they can threaten a family and especially a young kid. BS!

Another thing that makes me mad is when they catch those PETA jerks killing a bunch of dogs/cats and throwing them in dumpsters, WTH?
I can't wait for the day that the law comes into effect to require all anti's to live in the Artic dressed in seal suits with seal blood smeared all over them, for 1 month straight or an encounter with a polar bear, which ever is sooner.

sorry for ranting

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Just tell these people to take any and all ferel hogs, cats, dogs, etc. into thier home and whatever is left is fair game. Pathetic.

I fell bad for that kid and his family. All the bad publicity from these freaks is overshadowing one hell of a hog. I mean this kid has the experience of a life time and some jackass has to try and ruin everything because he or she hasn't hugged thier tree today.
Good Luck and Great Memories

Good Lord!! That is one giant Hog! Just a shame the boy and his family have to endure the foolish antics by these anti-huntin freaks.

These anti hunters are terrorist threatening the life of an 11 year old boy for shooting a PIG.

Don't Terrorist use the threat of killing and harming people to inflinct fear upon people to control them.

Was Peta not on the FBI list as a supucted domestic terror group.

Unreal to actually threaten the life of another over an animal that was legally harvested.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

I know it was a big hog, but that has to be a photo shop job. If that hog stood up, he'd be taller than the kid that shot him. It just doesn't look real to me. How can a pig that large find enough to eat to keep himself alive? Did they put feed out for it or what?

Steve

Which part of it weighs 1,000 lbs? Hopefully we can get more laws protecting hunters and find and prosecute those who break those laws. Hunter harrassment is NOT cool.

The pig actually had been raised on a farm. It got too big for it's pen and was sold to a hunting preserve. Neither the boy or father knew this before the hunt. They were told there was a huge hog they could hunt and went after it. It was not until after the hunt that the previous owner came forth with the truth. I believe the pig's name was Fred. So the boy got screwed both before and after the hunt.

I may be unpopular for this but...If it is true that it took 12 shots from the pistol and over three hours to die then the kid and his dad need a major ethics hunting course. That is wrong and is not hunting. I don't know of a hunter that has not wounded an animal and that makes us all sick, but we should also be smart enough to use a weapon that is big enough to do the job. 12 shoots???

I am not supporting that he should be prosecuted and those jackass's making threats should be the ones prosecuted and put in jail, but there is a hunting ethics issue here.

i agree the hippies and the anti's need to be squashed hunted down and prosecuted for there threats and harrasment .... that said though should a 11 year old be hunting 1000 lbs anything with a pistol ... maybe there is a lesson here for this young hunter and his family .just a thought

Now here comes the real flaming reply, why is it any less ethical for a pig to be shot 12 times and left for 3 hours to die, than it is for all the bow hunters to shot a critter at dusk and let it lay all night to bleed out? Not trying to start it, but ethics are sometimes a tricky thing!

HOSS, if a "bow hunter" makes a vital shot it wont take all night for the animal to lay there and bleed out! Is it any different for a rifle hunter to shoot an animal before dark and have it run off and lay there all night to bleed out?? I archery and rifle hunt every year so I'm not taking sides here, it just fires me up when it seems to always turn out to look bad on the archery hunters.

and if they don't hit a vital area? Simple physics tells you that bowhunters wound more than rifle hunters, but that isn't the point, the point is animals are left to bleed out for long periods of time, don't know why this pig should be different

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-08 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]Probably the same result as if a rifle hunter didn't hit a vital area?? Many more rifle tags than archery tags, many more chances of a hunter making a bad shot. My cousin shot a nice buck this morning and watched him run about 40 yards and pile up. He didn't get much of a chance to lay there and bleed out. It just comes down to making a good shot, which can happen with any weapon. Not worth another pissing match, just get tired of it always coming back on the archery hunters! There has been many times while out sitting on a ridge and watching other hunters below unloading their guns at bucks and man if he would have led him a little more maybe he would have hit him in the arse or maybe even made a gut shot maybe even a heart shot. My point is that every hunter has missed a buck at one point and if they would have been just a little closer they may have hit the animal and just wounded it possibly leading to a lost animal. I'm not saying which type of hunt loses more wounded animals because I don't have the numbers, but I know there are a hell of a lot more rifle and muzzy tags than there are archery tags and that would lead me to believe there would be a lot more animals beeing shot at with a chance of making a bad shot. Good luck on your hunts this year. I'm heading back to Utah Friday to shoot one of the bucks I passed on the first week:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom