111-115, 221-222L Elk hunt

I was fortunate enough to go with a buddy who drew this tag. One of the funnest and HARDEST hunts I have ever been on. We see anywhere from 2 to 11 bulls a day. I hunted the first week then had to head back for work. 2 of the 30 or so bulls I seen while hunting were 350 or better. One bull we nicknamed "shamu" because of his extra long whale tails. We figured him to go around 370 or 380. Tried two different stalks on this bull but he had been stalked or shot at before as we could never get closer than 630 yards. My buddy seen a few other "big" bulls but couldn't seal the deal. Can't wait to draw a tag for myself. I have alot more respect for these bulls than I had before.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Yeah I lucked out and got a bull on the second day shot it the first day at 380 yards. So i really can't say my hunt was a hard one but I've been on more unsucessful elk hunts than sucessful ones. They sure are hard to hunt that time of the year you can always see them with the spotting scope but getting within rifle range is another story. They difently have my respect too.

nvnative79! I seen your bull and story in the elk forum. Congratulations on a sweet bull. How many points did you have?

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom