111-115 222-223 info!

Catchindeers

Hi guys just wondering if any of you have had this tag before and how ya did? Its the late hunt from nov 6-20th my little bro drew the tag and has never shot an elk so any bull 300 or better would be sweet! I know how these late hunts go because I had the manti late hunt,so I know you have to look in areas you won't find them during the rut,usually in the crap holes,we know nothing about the unit and where the elk like to go come november,not asking anyone for any honey holes but if I have caught you in a good mood while reading this please pm me if you are feeling charitable enough to point us in a right direction! Other than that would love to hear what this hunt is like,terrain,weather,what size of bull to realistically Expect? Thanks guys

Make sure to double check exactly what units he drew as they have split them up starting this year. 111-115 or 221-222

LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 02:15?PM (MST)

I hunted the late season with a friend last year and will again this year. There were six guys with tags hunting 22L in the group. Most of the places where the bulls are hanging is pretty thick PJ terrain. They killed three 340-350 class mature bulls and the other hunters all had chances at bulls, but passed waiting for the monster. It wasn't easy, but everyone saw bulls everyday. We talked to other hunters riding the roads on ATVs that never saw an elk. You will have to get out and work for it off ends of the roads.

-Doug

Here is an idea of the terrain. Oh yeah, spotters on a nice bull that was taken a little while later, second photo.

Keeping-an-eye-on-him-from-M.jpg

Through-the-spotter-M.jpg

Packing him out the next day. :)
Elk2011Lorenzopackout0010-M.jpg

Former 31 year resident of NV. Pining for the good ol' days.

Wow what a sweet bull!I sent you a pm doug,if you have more pics of those bulls please send!man you got my blood going! Thanks so much

eyeman i would love to!! just dont know the area yet so wasnt going to set the bar quite yet till i know what i have for a hunt here, have you hunted the late hunt in 111-115 before?

My Nephew drew the same tag! He is one lucky kid. We have hunted the unit before but we were looking for a big one and went home with tag soup. This year will be a little different.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom