114 late muzzy

T

Tsessions

Drew area 114 late Muzzy (Nov 10th - Nov 30th) anyone ever hunt this? How is it?

My wife and a few friends have had this tag the past few years and to be honest it was kind of dissapointing. I believe lack of weather played a big part in not seeing any "big" bucks. My wife harvested a 23" 3x4 on the last weekend and she was thrilled. I was hoping to see some monsters during the rut but never did. Good luck and if some good storms hit early enough you could be in for a sweet hunt. If you dont plan on staying the whole season try and hunt the last week if you can. Good luck! Disregard the hanging tongue :)

4a56481052bb31cf.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-09 AT 02:04PM (MST)[p]Two more weeks and we are heading up! I am getting excited, I need to kill something after missing a few deer on the archery hunt in Utah last year and passing on every deer I seen on the Utah Rifle hunt this year i am itching to kill something.

I've hunted that unit and you really need to be in shape to get to where the big boys are. With your lack of gym attendance I would recommend that you settle for a spike or forkie right off the road.

ha ha ha ha, good one nimrod! Yup been slacking on the gym but when I do go I havent seen you there :)

Good unit if you can get some weather, hunt the northern part or the north east ends of the unit, if you have the balls the outfitters will hunt the east side back up to the Table, big bucks and bulls up there but ball breaking country.

Well if you only go once a month the odds of you seeing me there are pretty slim. It's kind of like hunting. You're only going to see big bucks if you get out there every day. Once a month won't cut it. If you and I were contestants on American Gladiators right now I would win.
Have you been scouting at all? or do you approach hunting the same way you approach physical fitness?

Well ......... We hunted and had success didn't shoot a monster like I wanted to but it will make for good table fare because I ran out of time and will nto be able to make it back up. Although we did see some awesome "rutting" bucks it just made it a little hard to close the gap with some many does hanging around.

Here is a picture from a video of a nice 4x4 that we seen. I will post some more up.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

looks like great fronts. I hunted the Rubys late archery once and the does would mess ya up every time so I feel your pain. But to see all those quality bucks rutting was fantastic!!! Sure ya had a great time.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom