12.5 x 50 Pentax DCF SP

coueskiller

Does anybody have any of these binos? I am looking for some new glass and came across these @ Cabelas for $799 just wondering if anybody has any first hand experience with these binos or should I just cough up the extra $400 and get the 10x42 Swarovski SLC's. I like the idea of the 12.5 power but nobody in my area(Flagstaff Az.) has these to look thru so I am kinda scared to spend $799 and not be sure what im getting. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Geoff Lloyd

I have a pair of these binoculars. I bought them to replace an older pair of 10 x 42 Pentax non-waterproof binoculars that I'd had for several years. I thought there would be a big difference between the two, but there really wasn't. If I had to do it over, I'd probably stick with something in 10-power, if it gave me better eye relief and a larger field of view than the 12.5 power.

Azbob,
How is the quality and clarity of these binos? I currently have older pentax 12x50pcf's and am looking to up grade. Are you interested in selling yours? Where are you located, if close to Flag. I would like to take a look thru your binos.

Geoff

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-05 AT 11:07AM (MST)[p]Geoff,

If you decide to go with the Pentax, I'd suggest you call Doug at Cameraland New York. He deals only in USA warrantied goods and I'll bet he can beat Cabelas Price by at least $200.00. As an example, he was offering the 8x43 SP's for $409.99 shipped and the 10x43 SP's for $439.00 shipped......

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

Daryll

Azbob I sent you an email.

Daryll thanks for the info I will call him, and I haven't ruled out the binos we spoke about.

Thanks'
Geoff

i have the dcf sp 10x43 and love them
very clear for the money they are the best you will get
i think unless yuo are willing to pay triple.
i got mine at hotbuys for 470 or so with warrenty.
good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-05 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]Geoff,

Let me know what you decide about the 10x42 EL's.

I'll be out of town until Sunday night hunting deer with my daughter. She has a blackpowder deer permit, but we couldn't make it out on the opener because of work and school.

Take care,
Daryll

i have looked through them along side the lieca 12x50 and i will say pentax has the edge i thought they were a bit brighter
and not to mention lighter on the neck and the wallet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom