12 b west

D

docj338

I was wondering is the 12b west hunt considered the kaibab? If so do you have to buy a stamp or something to hunt it. I drew the early hunt. If anyone has hunted it and has any good storys I'd like to hear them if u don't mind. thanks alot

very tough hunt with out snow its a migration area for the most part but there are a few resident deer there and a wall hanger or two but you will have your work cut out for you on that hunt. good luck

We hunted last year and it was very dry. Stay close to the water and you'll see deer. Look for fresh tracks and you may want to do some pre scouting. We saw a lot of small fork horned deer and several small ones hanging in the camps. I went the last weekend thinking that things would be cooler and not to have to fight the crowds. The deer had no intention of moving down there that soon. It was an abnormal year on the Bab and foothills last year. I would recommend hunting the later part of your tag. The mountain was basically to oursleves. We saw an ocassional hunter here and there, but a lot of the camps moved out.

A few years ago, we had the later hunt and we saw lots of 22 to 25 inch four points. One around every corner, but never saw a monster. The weather got bad and we only had a couple days to hunt.

Never hunted it myself but....it has the single highest success rate of any unit in the state over the past five years looking at the early and late seasons combined. Early hunts averaged 63% success and late hunts averaged 76% success (83% last year). I'd take those odds! Have a great hunt!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom