12B

D

docj338

Hey, I drew the 12b west, the oct.31-nov.9. Does anyone know much about the hunt for those dates. This was my 2nd choice if anyone could tell me anything I would appreciate it. Thanks...

We had that hunt last year and it was dry and dusty. Most camps had two points hanging in their camps. We ate tag soup. We saw several small bucks. It was really one of the most dry hunts I've ever hunted. I'm still cleaning dust and dirt out of my Titan from that trip.

I heard that hunt was put together to give more hunters an opportunity to hunt. Though you can't go in having high expectations.

However, about 4 years ago, Utah got hit with a storm or two a few weeks before the hunt and man I heard that it was turkey shoot. My brother had the later rut hunt that year and we saw lots of 4x4's but nothing over 25 inches. Another tag soup outing. Though there were leg bones in several of the camps from the weeks prior.

Good luck. A lot of sage, cedars and dust. Sit on the water holes if there hasn't been much moister. Many of the bucks I saw were hitting those hole in the early afternoon and late evening hours.

UtAZ

thanks for the info. so is there tons of roads, or can you get away from the roads. I also drew a wyoming tag so I'm trying to decide which hunt to spend the most time on since I don't have tons of vacation.

The big bucks won't have moved in by those dates unless you get some freak early snow storms that push them in there. Otherwise don't expect to see anything better than a 22" 4 point. Success rate is so high because there are a ton of two points and the people really mow them down on that hunt.

hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me starting points to check out on the 12b west early hunt. We are going down to try to find some spots to glass from hopefully as far away from roads as possible if anyone is willing to share some info. I would appreciate it if not I would understand that too. thanks alot....

To get current information on 12B, I would try going to the Muley Crazy store in Kanab , Ut. They will always get you headed in the right direction.
Steve

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom