'13 Barbary Sheep Success Anyone?

bowhuntrJLG

I am getting excited for the upcoming barbary hunt. I lucked out and drew again this year! Last year was my first experiance hunting these guys and boy was I humbled. Hunted 9 days and only saw sheep 2 of the 9. Was lucky enough to harvest this small ram. Anxious to get out there and try again. Know now how tough the hunt can be, I do not plan to be even remotely picky.

Anyone else willing to post pics of past successes to get everyone fired up?

6425img_0285.jpg

I hunted for the first time last year and our group of 3 took 2-ewes so great job! I will be there for a week this year and likewise am looking forward to it! Good luck!

My 24" Ram from a few yrs ago. Had some other chances at some giants since then, just haven't put it all together. A good ram though and I still couldn't be happier. Love them sheep!

4351barbary1.jpg

6589barbary4.jpg

Damn Kyle still one of the best sheep Ive ever seen, dead or alive. How did the mount turn out?

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

>Damn Kyle still one of the
>best sheep Ive ever seen,
>dead or alive. How
>did the mount turn out?
>
>
>The Beast is Dead, Long Live
>the Beast.
>
>-The Nuge

Agreed, one of the best public land sheep I've seen.

BowhuntrJLG, nothing wrong with that sheep. To me, any sheep on public land is a trophy. Really nice pic too. Good luck this year!

Here is my first sheep I got in 2012. Got really lucky on this guy. Public land, 27 inch.

P2160210.jpg
[/URL]

P2160204.jpg
[/URL]

Good luck to all!
Travis

My buddy and his 2013 NM public land barb, lucky 1st timer shot it after a long stalk, 270wsm, somewhere around 100yd shot straight up, i watched the whole thing unfold in the binos, 31"er here with donkey show mass, i guessed him at 29" a mile away, glad i was wrong.
1791img_0414.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom