13 points what units are best???

B

bownutcody

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-07 AT 11:16AM (MST)[p]I would like to thank everyone in advance for any information given. By no means am I asking for anyones honeyholes, just some units to look at for archery elk and deer. My father and I both have 13 points for deer and elk in Colorado. We are both strictly archery hunters. For elk we have looked into 10. 201 Would be great but it seems we are further from drawing that then when we started. For deer we have looked into 10 and 2. I have heard good things about 2 during the 3rd season. I know it is a rifle hunt but we would be using our bows. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for all the help in advance, and hopefully everyone had a fun safe fall.

cody

I'd put unit 2 on your elk list, even ahead of 10 and 201.

I can't imagine you've heard too much good about unit 2 fourth season, as there is no 4th season hunt in that unit.

Sorry, I knew it was a late season hunt. Must be the third season I had heard about.

Thanks for the heads up on 2 for elk. How many points does it take to draw as a NR.

Cody

10 would be damn hard for archery its really open or thick cedars. You would probably draw a unit 10 archery tag sooner than a unit 2. I personally know a guy who drew 10 last year for archery with 12 points. My dad drew 2 for rifle last year with 15 going on 16. As for deer id say either 21 or 2. Last year while scouting for my dad I saw a group of 8 bucks with two bucks that I guessed one at 185 and the other 200+. I could of easly shot either with a bow. Deer aren't really spooky up there come archery season because not alot people draw the tag or neccisarly want to do it. As for unit 21 my dad drew it back in 2002 for 3rd season rifle. Saw tons or deer ended up taking a 186inch buck. But for 21 you'll have to hunt up around Douglas pass and Baxter pass come archery season.

Unit 2 is awsome country. Especially up on douglas moutain. Ponderosa pines and stands of aspen. 10 is mostly pinons an junipers. But places like Moose head mountain and areas in the northwest corner of the unit have scattered stands of aspen.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom