130 vs 90

Downrange

Ok guys I have never set foot in wyoming to hunt and have only been in the state one time. My buddies and I are going to try and burn our points this yr. We have 7 points and yes probably will not draw, but wondering your thought between 130 and 90 for deer. Any thoughts or suggestions

Depends on how big of a deer you're wanting. I had a 90 tag last year and spent a lot of time in the unit and wasn't impressed. PM me if you are wanting more info.

Don't know about 130, but hunted 90 in 2013. Big, wide open country, mostly public land, but tough to access with bad weather. A fair amount of deer though. Fun hunt for someone out to just kill a buck and enjoy the high desert. Definitely not an "ultra blue chip" unit as has been stated by some. In 3 days scouting and 5 days hunting never saw a buck better than 160. Enjoyed the heck out of it, but you should know it's just an easy hunt for a 140-150 buck. Met 6 other hunters on the unit that year, all confirmed the same.

Everything everyone has said about 90 is true. Sure I know of some 190-200 class deer taken out there by locals, but the same can be said of any general unit in Wyoming. Great hunt for 130-159 deer...a few bigger are taken each year just can't count on it...last week of October is best.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom