13A vs 13B

BRUIN4L

I'm interested to see how the forum members view these two units. I've always felt that 13B was way ahead as far as producing the best bucks but now I'm not sure. If rating these rifle hunts using quality,huntability,access and enjoyment as the criteria how do they stack up against each other?

Tough choice between the two for me. I would probably still rather have a 13B general tag, but not by much. It will be interesting to see if many more apply for 13A after last year.

If this years 13a bucks were taken in 13b it wouldn't have been as big a surprise. Right now it seems this year was just an anomaly. For archery it is even more drastic. I have been in both during archery hunts and 13a for some reason just doesn't compare to 13b, during the archery. I think I saw one buck taken claiming to be over 200 in 13a archery last year (I say claiming because he didn't look 200 to me) but I saw several maybe six or seven from 13b archery.

The following is just my opinion. The only drastic difference between A and B is the amount of deer habitat. 13B is comprised of quality deer habitat from N to S and E to W for the most part.(far western edge gets into some extremely low density)Big bucks can and do come from all four corners of B. 13A however has a huge amount of wide open antelope habitat in the middle of it. Short of some isolated pockets of deer in the northern most part of A this concentrates the hunters generally in the southern and eastern portions of A. Hunters can spread out more in B than in A. As far as quaity of bucks history proves that there is not one side better than the other. Rainfall and age class are the only things that dictate which side will spit out the biggest buck each year.

www.arizonastripbucks.com

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom