13B tag

Its that time of year again I guess where people are so excited that they drew a strip tag that they join and take over all deer forums:) JK man, I wish I had the tag and joined a few years ago for the same reasons! lol

Give it a week or two and they will be on here freaking out cuz they went up for a scouting trip and never saw a deer. Lol. Or what about the guys that burn a bunch of points on the 13a archery tag when it's been over the counter forever till few years ago. If anyone has the archery tag in 13b I would share some info. Pm. Me.

>Give it a week or two
>and they will be on
>here freaking out cuz they
>went up for a scouting
>trip and never saw a
>deer. Lol. Or what about
>the guys that burn a
>bunch of points on the
>13a archery tag when it's
>been over the counter forever
>till few years ago.
> If anyone has the
>archery tag in 13b I
>would share some info. Pm.
>Me.

PM sent.

Ryan

Congrats on the tag, I had it last year. Big country, not many deer. You will need to do a ton of scouting, if you your too busy and do not have the time like myself, consider hiring a guide. I hunted with Arizonastripbucks.com and they will give you a 110%. Dont be suprised if you go a couple days and do not see a single deer and be ready to glass from sun up to sun down. My wife drew the 13a rifle tag this year, so I will be able to be up there again!

I have mainly logistic questions;

Is there cell phone coverage any where in the unit?
Where is the closest potable water?
Recommended maps?
Routing from Tucson. I assume up to Vegas on 93 and then north on I-15. Turning off where?
May scout in October.
Good luck.

turketneck

Not much for cell phone coverage, there are a couple places you might be able to get service. A wilson cell phone booster will definately help, I used one last year and it worked great.

Water and access out of- St. George

Second the Wilson booster. Worked great for us last year. We camped by the airstrip and had service. Order a strip map from the office in st George. If you don't spend some time up there before your hunt you will be very dissapointed on your hunt. Not really a place to just show up and hunt

I drew the same tag and plan on doing some scouting between now and then. My question is who makes a good map of the unit and where can I purchase it. Thanks.

Mytopo.com makes a 13b map at 135k scale. Its a nice map but hard to see/read the roads. I'm looking for another that shows and labels the roads better. I have a bunch of usgs quads but not all. Anyone have any recommendations?

Ryan

I found the US forest service map best for roads and then make Mytopo maps in smaller scale for the areas you want to hunt. The area is too big to do it any other way.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom