14 ticks to decide ... You dropping the hammer?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Here's another one. We'll say this is a 3rd season tag in Colorado. Day 5 of a 9 day hunt. It took you 9 points to draw the tag. You walk over the ridge and there he is, 120 yards away. You've got 14 seconds from the time you look at him through the bino's to drop to your butt and take a crack before he's gone forever.

Do you take the shot? Could you hit him? How big is he?

BTW - I wish someone else would share some video and photos with some "would you" stuff!! I'm running out.

[facebook]facebook.com/monstermuleys/videos/1006215789584343[/facebook]

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

He would drop right in that spot.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Depends what I've been seeing the last 5 days.

But yes, I wouldn't pass him up.

And I would think about the one on the left if he was closer to the truck...

Heck yes I'm shooting and at 120 yards I better be able to hit him. I'm guessing 175-180, but I've been known to be wrong, just ask my wife. Lol

I hope to be in that situation in Colorado this year. Honestly, it depends on what type of a mood I'm in that day. If I have an itchy trigger finger, there is a good chance he will get shot.
About 10 years ago, I passed on a very similar buck and ended up with tags soup on that hunt. I have absolutely no regrets on passing on that buck.
I would guess his typical frame to be upper 170's, possibly over 180". Gross score with nontypical points will be 180"+. I would guess around 28" wide. If he had more mass, I would be more excited about shooting him.
If you can't make that shot at 120 yards within 10 seconds, you need to spend more time practicing your shooting.

I better kill him at 120!! Like mentioned above I'm guessing 180 gross maybe a little better. Once they get above 170 range I have a hard time staying off the trigger. Unless I have seen bigger.

Buckshot

Did that a few years back....made up my mind a long time ago that I would only get a 30 inch buck mounted..anyway, I jump this buck up out of his bed...said to myself(that's a 30 inch buck)..he gives me the split second broadside look before he bails and I drop him..
walk up to him..31 inches wide no eye guards and just a big 3 point on one side...I didn't get him mounted..

I'm regretting passing on the last one.
Ya, I think I'd be tagging that one. He should go over 30" wide.

see my latest wildlife pictures on I.G.
Follow me @ antler_chaser_

I hate to say it, but with 9 points used, I would pass on him. I would rather eat the tag instead of filling it with something I'm not happy with. Plus I still have 4 days to hunt.

Man you are posting some "tweeners" that make a guy get white hairs! I would pass if I didn't get caught up in the cheaters and inlines.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom