15 inch bases

E

eastwind

If someone can help me out I would like to post a few pics of the deer we got this week. I am not sure how to resize pics so that they arent huge on the screen. He is a unique buck with 15 inch bases. I know people are going to contest that its 15 inches, so if you want bring your own tape measure, you measure him.

The hunter gave me permission to post a few pics and give a few details, but the whole story is hopefully going to be published.

OK heres the deal.

To reply to D13er's response. Yes its ugly. I talked to the guy today and he said that he wanted to wait until next week to show any pics.

Reason: When it was shot it rolled down the mountain a bit and broke off some mass and points. We looked forever for them and never found them. So he wants to take his shed hunting dog out on monday or tuesday of next week and see if he can find those missing pieces.

If we send out the pics now showing the missing pieces, and then next week happen to find them and show new pics with them, we dont want people saying that its not real, or the pics are doctored stuff like that.

So you will all have to wait until next week to see the pictures, but Im telling you right now HIS BASES ARE HUGE!

All in good time. Its killing me that I cant show the pic yet.

Starting to stink already? Have some patience jmcenulty, the stench will leave next week when you see the pic.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-07 AT 04:56PM (MST)[p]To Hell with the deer photos, there are probably lot's of deer with 15" bases...........I want to see what a "shed" hunting dog looks like....and where do I sign up for puppies?

>All in good time. Its killing
>me that I cant show
>the pic yet.
>
>Starting to stink already? Have some
>patience jmcenulty, the stench will
>leave next week when you
>see the pic.

Have Patience? Your talking to the wrong person. I am a construction superintendent. I have no patience. My favorite saying is "we are out of tomorrows".

He is a big two point. About 28 wide, heavy horns. When they reach his base they explode to 15 inches on his left side and 14.5 on his right. He has alot of trash on his bases, several points that are 3 to 4 inches long and another that is 6 or 7.

Just massive bases with alot of trash. Huge body too.

Nope, his nuts were normal. The only other thing about him that was abnormal was where is bladder was.

>Nope, his nuts were normal. The
>only other thing about him
>that was abnormal was where
>is bladder was.

He had a bladder infection ??

JB

No when we cleaned him out we found his bladder up in his hind quarter. It was weird, it was in a socket where muscle should have been. It was definately not in the right place.

>Yea yea and i got a
>15inch *&^%

....and nuts like rasins.LOL Sorry bro I couldn't resist. So where the hell are the pics? I've been waisting my life and my employers money checking in on this thred.

He was hard horned. He just got off the mountain looking for the other piece soo as soon as I talk to him Ill update you.

We took him to the taxidermy and his antlers have 1/8 of an inch between them on the top of his head, so he doesnt quite touch but dang close. They have grown down over his eyebrows and actually changed the composition of his skull.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THESE PICS!!!!! I HAVEN'T SLEPT FOR DAYS WAITING FOR EM.

"FREE WARREN"

>Dude you need to post these
>pics or put the pipe
>down

I have to agree with Longshooter.. I think we are getting played here with this mythical deer with the relocated bladder..

He found the other pieces of antler that he went looking for. But first...Boooooooooooooo booooooooo, thats what im going to be hearing from a few of you, among other things. I asked him if i could post the pic now and he said no.

He has taken the deer to the taxidery and wants to wait until he gets the horns back together before letting the pics out.

So however long thats going to take, one month or more i dont know. But when he does have them done I will post the pics.

I have been talking to a few hunting magazines that are interested in publishing the story, so you will not only see the pics here, but you will also be able to read the story that comes along with it. Unbelievable story, invovles 2 days of hunting, parking a right next to the deer not seeing it, coyotes, etc. Its gonna be a cool read.

So anyway, sorry to disappoint you guys on no pics, but I really need to respect the hunter, the guides, and the cwmu owner when they ask me not to post the pics until the antlers are back together.

Thanks for understanding.

after we make these really heavy antlers and put them on this deer i will post the pics lololololo

I TOOK THESE DAYS BEFORE THE OPENER....IT'S GOT TO BE THE SAME DEER!!!! LOL

info_buck.jpg

^^^^^^^that is funny right there. Yeah don't come on these sites and brag about something that most would call BS on unless you have proof. I'm not doubting that the deer existed but just show your proof or go away...

I'd rather be huntin!!!!

>I TOOK THIS PIC DAYS BEFORE
>THE OPENER....ITS GOT TO BE
>THE SAME DEER!!!!! LOL
>
>
info_buck.jpg

Well I stand corrected.... And your right he sure as hell does have "MASS"... But are spikes legal?? In California you would have to let im walk... or with head gear like that maybe "swagger"... LMFAO...

That ain't the same deer, in earlier post eastwind said it was a big two point. So maybe this pic is younger brother.

Nails.

I think i see a tag in his ear....its a ranch...wait its on private ground...NOoooo the hunter poached it...hahaha hadnt heard that on this post yet so i thought i would throw it out there...

Sorry guys, my pics don't really show all of the extra points around the bases.

Unfortunately, none are visible from the front shots I took but from up close there are numerous others.

All I'm trying to say is that it HAS TO BE THE SAME DEER!!!

What state and what zone?
Could you get Cabellas' to buy the mount?
Could we get 250 K for some live sperm?

I know some hi dollar guys I could talk into this hunt.

Hey . . ., is that you Cass?

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Its all about respecting the hunter and the owner of the cwmu. But of course I have been reading posts long enough on here to understand that respecting anything is a stretch for alot of you.

The hunter told me I could post the pics, then he recanted and said he didnt want them shown until the taxidermist is done.

Put yourself in the hunters shoes. You shoot a unique buck and say its ok for the pics to be posted. Then you change your mind and dont want them shown until later down the road.
Well lets say your guide doesnt care and shows the pics anyway. Would any of you care? Of course you would.
But I see how it is, if its not your deer and doesnt concern you, who cares right?

Ive read enough of your posts to understand that people rag on others on here. So im not dumb enough to say we have a buck with 15 inch bases and be making it up.
Youll see the pics soon enough. Hopefully by the time we do have permission to show them, some of you have grown up. Thats along shot though.

Now I am not saying its not true and not trying to bash on you at all eastwind, but 15 inch bases... My buddies dad killed a 370 bull last year that had exceptional mass and was only 14 inches around at the burs... if a deer is 15 inches around down there I have a hard time imagining that the ears and eyes wouldn't be covered up by the antlers seeing is how a deer head is much smaller than an elk head... Anyway hope to see the pics soon

I agree its hard to believe. When he was caped there was 1/8 of an inch between the horns on his head, they grow down the back of his head and then right to the tops of his eyes, its almost like he is wearing a helmet. Really hard to believe but its real.

I hope I can post the pics soon too.

I think that the bases on the picture are probably more than 15" I also think that mabey he was using a mossback tape?
15" and nuts the size of rasins? What happened.
Some pics sure would be nice

There are several of you who are around that get on MM who have seen the pics from either me or the other guide. So they can verify that the 15 inch bases are real. The rest of you will have to wait, its all out of respect for the hunter.

you don't have to post the entire picture. just post the bases.

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

What a dumb thread from the very beginning!!! Don't bother hurrying for me either.

Why do i keep looking at this. Freakin thx for nothing. My beep is 25 inches long.

They aren't always in velvet either, may just depend when the injury was.
th_bigbases.jpg

Gila...
you went from 15''....to 16''.....and then shot up to 25''?!
Wow! Something has sure excited you!

------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-07 AT 04:30AM (MST)[p]Yeah, I've got a Coues Deer with 56 inch bases. It's on the wall right between my Sasquatch mount and my Little Green Man from Mars mount. The Little Green Man came from Youranus. The Coues Deer I shot in Norway during the rut in July.

there are no damn 15" bases... you guys are all stupid for staying on here and thinking that the pics would show up... there are no pics cause there are no 15" bases on a damn deer... so whatever you guys want to do is fine but honestly you guys need to get over this and eastwind...... you need to just not hunt anymore... this is like me saying I shot a 1000 lbs. bear in washington state... it just isn't going to happen... so quit sippin on your daddy's cough syrup and say hello to the real world.... DAMN

Those are some funny posts.

For all of you who are waiting patiently I will give you the reason the taxidermist thinks that the bases are so big.

For the rest of you , just keep crying.

He said that he thinks the reason they are so big is because the deer didnt shed the previous years antlers, or at least part of the antlers. So when the new ones started growing in they had to grow around the ones that were already there. Hes not sure if that is the reason, but it makes sense. Any one else ever ran across something similar?

this one time i held in a turd for like 2 weeks and all the other
turds stuck to it and when it finally came out it had a 15" base
circumference.
j/k I saw a bull off san juan this year, it got shot and rumor
has it that it has 72" of mass??? 16"bases

Anything is possible even a 25" #@%& i guess.

>Gila...
>you went from 15''....to 16''.....and then
>shot up to 25''?!
>Wow! Something has sure excited
>you!
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>By the way,
>I live in UT.
>There are a lot of UTARDS
>that live here.
>I have also seen quite a
>few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS
>and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.
>

i just wanta see the damn pic

>Those are some funny posts.
>
>For all of you who are
>waiting patiently I will give
>you the reason the taxidermist
>thinks that the bases are
>so big.
>
>For the rest of you ,
>just keep crying.
>
>He said that he thinks the
>reason they are so big
>is because the deer didnt
>shed the previous years antlers,
>or at least part of
>the antlers. So when the
>new ones started growing in
> they had to grow
>around the ones that were
>already there. Hes not sure
>if that is the reason,
>but it makes sense. Any
>one else ever ran across
>something similar?

No. But I'm not an expert. Does seem like it would be difficult for that to happen.

Ransom

Keep the pics eastwind it would take the fun out of this post. Noone wants to see your dang cactus buck anyway. Jeez I wasted 10 minutes of my life too $%$$%%#$@#@@

Addict your a funny fu**** I love that post. !!! And not one person called photoshop on ya so you know its real !!!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-07
>AT 04:30?AM (MST)

>
>Yeah, I've got a Coues Deer
>with 56 inch bases. It's
>on the wall right between
>my Sasquatch mount and my
>Little Green Man from Mars
>mount. The Little Green Man
>came from Youranus. The Coues
>Deer I shot in Norway
>during the rut in July.
>

I didn't know they had cows deer in Norway.

Ransom

Eastwimd ,You should fly south to save youre ass.I have been waiting and biting my tongue.From what you have been describing ,the buck is a stag .We have all seen them .You however may have not.I dont know anyone who would put their reputation on the line to talk alot of crap about a big ol buck and never come through on the proof.If youre freind didnt want anyone to know about his deer ,you did a great job on keeping it a secret.Let me tell you this ,If youre concerned about the magazine article that may come out about this deer and the money to be made on the story ,A pic is a great way to sell ,One pic of this monster and all of my monster muley brothers will buy the damn thing just to read the story about the harvest.I know for a fact that the majority of the folks here on MM are more interested in how the hunt happened from start to finish rather than seeing a pic of a big dead deer.SO ,Put up or just give us all a break.PS ,can we see a pic of youre buddies shed hunting dog .he wont get mad if you share that with us ,will he?

Why all the doubting Thomas types?
The buck I shot in Wyoming this year had AT LEAST 15'' bases...
...And I posted the pics.

------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

Addict

Even though your buck in the photo doesn't have much height I would have popped him as he is a outstanding example of a southern bush buck native to areas unknown. Thanks for posting.

Ranson

lol guess what guys... I shot my buck this year and he had both sex organs AAAANNNNDDDD he also had 2 sets of anters... one on his head and one on his ass... isn't that cool!!! I'll get some pics posted before the pics of the 15" bases get posted... oh yeah I almost forgot.... he also had a 2nd head stickin out of his back.... weird??? nah... you guys believe anything people say... lmao!!!!

Been working with my dogs on the shed huntin' thing. I have some serious issues here. I still have to find the sheds, then my Brit chews on them if I don't watch, then he pees on them and my lab buries them......guess I need a dog with 15" nostrils.

Don't kid yourself. Your name aint smallts for no reason. It's a nickname from your ex.....LMAO

Any of you who think this post is a waste of time doesn't know what funny is!! I am laughing my ass off reading this stuff. The deer with 2 sets of antlers...one on his head and the other coming out his ass?....CLASSIC!!! The 2 week turd????? It doesn't get better than that. You are my kind of people!! Keep it up.

By the way, the pictures aren't coming...you all know that right?

I found some more pics of him in VELVET!!! Why wait for EASTWIND to blow through... the proof's here!

526525.jpg

OOOOPS! Personal pics. Here he is!

526526.jpg

I HONESTLY CAN'T BELEIVE IT TOOK 96 POSTS TO GET A JOKE ABOUT GENITAL GIRTH IN THIS TOPIC!

I think if we keep this up we can top the infamous "Buddies Buck from Last Night Post"!!!!!

I like the 16" Bases post from last week too. That was hilarious. Even if the pictures surface, it will still be one of my all time favorite threads.

So ADDICT...this is the famous 15" base buck? This is no photo shop? That thing is amazing! Why'd it take so long?

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom