15ABCD Restricted access

3TOE

Very Active Member
So I’m going to just assume that I drew 15 ABCD Early or Late until it is confirmed by AZGFD.
I have been doing a little research online & looking over the area on ON X. I see that a lot of the Peakock range is State trust land marked restricted access which is basically every other mile.
I get that those areas are off limits to hunting, but can you drive through a restricted access area to get to one that isn’t? I have only hunted AZ one other time & that area didn’t have restricted zones like Unit 15.

If I'm not mistaken, restricted access doesn't mean you can't hunt on it or drive through it. It just means you have to either buy a permit to recreate or if you have a hunting license and are hunting that is your "permit" to be there. Other than that I believe it's pretty much like anywhere else. May not be able to camp on it but other than that you're good to go.

Says right there exceptions are for legally licensed hunters and apparently you can camp on it for 14 days. For scouting just buy their $10 permit.

Screenshot_20210707-160127_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the information guys. Like I said, AZ is still really new to me. I’m sure I will come up with some other questions. That helps tremendously though.

This draw hunt in the past was a muzzie deer hunt, ? Access issues in the Peacocks. I d look at Music's and Cerbats for best. A few very good bucks can be found with effort ... good Luck
Bruce & SilverGrand

This draw hunt in the past was a muzzie deer hunt, ? Access issues in the Peacocks. I d look at Music's and Cerbats for best. A few very good bucks can be found with effort ... good Luck
Bruce & SilverGrand
Yes I applied for both early & late muzzleloader hunts for 15. Thank you for the intel. I found the same issue you mentioned with access into the Peacock mountains. A buddy told me to focus on the Cerbat range. It’s a bit closer to home & he has spent a good amount of time in there on the archery hunts.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom