16A 1-15 Any tips??

elkfever505

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-16 AT 10:12AM (MST)[p]I've bow hunted in unit 52 for the last 12 years, decided to change it up and was lucky enough to draw 16a archery, any tips of where to go would be greatly appreciated.

Hey nmwapiti33 my girlfriend drew the first hunt in unit 16a. Just wanted to ask a few questions and see if you had any tips. We're used to hunting in unit 34 36 37. This is a first time for us.

>Congrats on a great tag!!
>I drew the 2nd hunt....will
>shoot you a PM.

Bro, tell me you're going to give up your spot to someone on a forum?? You're nuts bro. Your gonna have to hook me and Mark up next time we draw that tag. I think I know the general area you hunt but didn't want to move in on you.

Tips for 16a coming from 52? Let the first 10 5x5's and little 6x6's go. There is one of those on every ridge. I grew up hunting 52 and although I think there are more elk there...antler growth doesn't compare. I'm no trophy hunter (and have eaten tag soup passing in A) but you have a great chance at a stud bull if you hold out a bit. They'll be talking and starting to fight by the end of your hunt. Be patient. Good luck! Enjoy it. Truly my favorite hunt and unit in nm.

>>Congrats on a great tag!!
>>I drew the 2nd hunt....will
>>shoot you a PM.
>
>
>Bro, tell me you're going to
>give up your spot to
>someone on a forum??
>You're nuts bro. Your gonna
>have to hook me and
>Mark up next time we
>draw that tag. I think
>I know the general area
>you hunt but didn't want
>to move in on you.
>

LMAO......I think you know better than that man!! Im not above giving pointers, but I worked too hard to find the spots I personally hunt!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom