16A MI hunt

nmhunter88

So my dad and I drew this hunt this year. This is our second year as MI hunters and haven't hunted 16A in years. I grew up hunting in this unit but it has been at least 15-20 years since we have hunted this unit. Plan on going down a couple times before the hunt starts to see the fire damage from a few years ago and too see what the roads look like these days. Being excited about going back to our old stopping grounds got me wondering what would guides charge to take out two MI hunters. So was wondering if any one here that has gone on the MI hunt with a guide and how was their services. Please feel free to send me a private message or just shoot me the name of the guides company name here to call.

Thanks

nmhunter88

You really don't need an outfitter to drive you around. My mom drew this hunt back to back years and was able to kill a pair of 6x6's right from the truck. On both those hunts we camped at the campground at Snow Lake, "because the have toilets and running water which is a great convenience"! Sure there is a small fee but who cares. She killed both her bulls within 1\4 mile from Teachers tank. The reality is she had multiple opertunities around Negrito and the airplane landing strip as well as the 16-A side of Loco Mountain.

Don't be too discouraged if your scouting earlier in the year and don't see much, the rut is usually brings them into and onto the roads. If you need more info after your scouting sessions I will be more than happy to help. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON May-02-16 AT 10:11PM (MST)[p]So then it still sounds the same from back in the day. So would u pass on a 300 inch bull on the first day or two? Know where those places are but not to sure about the tank but I am sure I can find it when I look at the map. Thanks for your info. That's a BIG help and really encouraging to hear. Ok so after finding it on the map I know exactly where thats at. My dad got his first bull not to far from there and I shot my sec buck on the other side of the road.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom