16c

nmelkman

Can anybody share info about this unit, i;m thinking about putting in for this unit probably the second rifle hunt, is there alot of elk and are they big

16C is a good unit. It's not as good numbers wise as 16A or even 16D, but it has some quality animals. I've seen some really nice bulls there, although the numbers of elk just don't seem to stack up as well. I'm not sure if that's from habitat, overhunting, wolves...whatever. There seems to be some debate about it, but nevertheless it still holds some good animals. If you plan and scout, you'll be just fine. I helped a buddy on his bow hunt last year in 16C. We saw animals every morning and evening and came across 20+ bulls in 4 days of hunting. Nothing terribly huge but a two or three around the 320-330 mark. He wasn't able to seal the deal, but we had a blast and definitely had plenty of chances.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck in the draw and good hunting!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom