16D Bull Down!

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
After 3.5 days of hard hunting and not being able to get close to any of the bulls I chased, I was finally able to make it happen! I chased this guy over a mile for more than 1.5 hrs before getting close enough that I felt I could call him successfully. I cow called and when he responded, I hit him with the best challenge bugle I could muster haha. He flipped a 180 and let out a bugle that made the hair on my neck stand up! I had about 2 minutes to find a good cedar bush to get in, nock an arrow, and range one tree before he popped up in front of me at about 70 yds coming straight in. I had one tree trunk that he needed to go behind to offer me a chance to draw, and that's just what he did. I drew as quick as possible and when he cleared, I cow called to stop him. He stopped at what I thought was about 30 yds (turned out to be 27), quartering to me, and I shot, trying to tuck the arrow just behind his shoulder. I watched as it buried to the fletchings exactly where I was aiming. He spun to run and I cow called which made him run a semi circle. He stopped about 60 yds away to look back, wobbled and fell! I could not believe how it had happened and i couldn't be happier! I already dropped him at Imperial Taxidermy and am waiting to see if we can get my wife a bull too before I decide what kind of shoulder mount to do! Can't wait to get back out there Fri to chase them for my wife!

I also want to thank everyone on here that offered up advice that helped me to be successful in killing my first elk ever!

9386p9040017.jpg

2750p9040020.jpg

8929p9040022.jpg

2804p9050028.jpg

Congrats! What a nice bull! All that hard work and it finally paid off! Good luck to you and your wife, can't wait to see another post!

awesome bull!!! I love that first pic, there are a lot of air bubbles in that blood, looks like an awesome shot...good luck to your wife on her hunt!!!

Nice bull man. After reading all your posts this summer, I was anxious to see how it turned out for you. Here is to hoping your wife finds an even bigger one! Good luck you two.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Here's a video I took immediately after arrowing the bull before I even walked up to him. I wanted to capture the moment and talk about what just happened. I apologize for the amateur aspects of it haha. It's the first time I'd ever tried anything like this. I hope you enjoy!

Congrats on a great bull! Vince and Paul will nearly bring that joker back to life as they are true artists in what they do...

Agreed...I've been blown away by what I've seen that's completed in their shop.

>Congrats on a great bull! Vince
>and Paul will nearly bring
>that joker back to life
>as they are true artists
>in what they do...

Congrats on a good looking Bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom