16D youth cow hunt

stevie

Leaving Saturday for my daughter's 16D youth cow hunt. It will be our last hunting/fishing trip together before she goes off to college. Looks like snowy weather is in store. Maybe it will push-em around a little.

Here's hoping for success!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-15 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]Thanks. I was plan on concentrating on the East side of the unit and Rael Springs is on that end. I didn't find alot of sign on my scouting trip, but I'm sure we'll find something.

I'm thinking that the snow will push them down the hill a little.

It looks like there will be lots of snow.
South and west slopes after the storm could have less snow,& in windblown places.
North slopes if it's snowing.
It will get deep in some bottoms.
Our local elk have been known to migrate upslope.....to find feed after a storm has gone.
Try closer to Apache Creek off the rd.

We'll be in a black Nissan Frontier. Maybe we'll see you out there. Good luck on the hunt and Merry Christmas!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-15 AT 05:11PM (MST)[p]

Tough hunt, but great outcome!

2665img2699.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom