.17 Hornet at the range

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-14 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]Went to the range today to sight in my new girl! These are just factory loads. Can't wait to get some hand loads worked up!
9377image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-14 AT 10:46PM (MST)[p]Last shot. I let that one get away. The pic is actually sideways. My thumb is pointing up. There was a slight right to left wind as well. Either way I'm stoked at the way it's shooting already.
Not a bad day
592image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

I own the same gun...It is absolutely the most accurate rifle I have ever shot...I have shot several groups that were all touching...I'm looking forward to working up a handload, however it shoots the factory ammo so well I don't think there is much room for improvement...I have shot everything from potguts to coyotes FUN,FUN,FUN...Later, L.T.

I agree with the accuracy. But I figure I can hand load it cheaper than I can buy 17 hmr rounds. And it's nearly impossible to find factory loaded ammo for it.
Are you shooting the Savage or the Ruger?

Traditional >>>------->

JUDAS PRIEST!

Look at the New Toys!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Very nice HorseCreek. I like that savage rifle a lot. What was the yardage???

Maybe you could have REDDOG load you up some HOTTIES & Test the barrel?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>Very nice HorseCreek. I like that
>savage rifle a lot. What
>was the yardage???

100 yards

Bessy,
Reddog ain't touching my gun. To me it's like him touching my woman...not without permission.:)

Traditional >>>------->

>>Very nice HorseCreek. I like that
>>savage rifle a lot. What
>>was the yardage???
>
>100 yards
>
>Bessy,
>Reddog ain't touching my gun. To
>me it's like him touching
>my woman...not without permission.:)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

Come on HorseCreek!

If the rifling's ain't been Singed I'd bet REDDOG could Help out!:D

You know,test the Savage Barrel?:D

I haven't even looked at the reloading data yet, but if doubt there's even room for 40 total grains in the hornet case let alone and EXTRA 40. ;-)

Traditional >>>------->

>Got your new elk rifle. Lol
>
>
>These are fun guns.

Ha! The wifey surprised me with this pea shooter for Christmas! I'm still looking around for the Lapua! ?

Traditional >>>------->

I have the Savage Model 25...I bought 2 cases of factory ammo when I first got the gun and I just barely got 100 empties to start working on a load...I'll let you know what I come up with after we load some...I have a friend that has been loading for his Hornet and he is having great results...I don't have his load info right now but I'll get it to you...Later, L.T.

>I have the Savage Model 25...I
>bought 2 cases of factory
>ammo when I first got
>the gun and I just
>barely got 100 empties to
>start working on a load...I'll
>let you know what I
>come up with after we
>load some...I have a friend
>that has been loading for
>his Hornet and he is
>having great results...I don't have
>his load info right now
>but I'll get it to
>you...Later, L.T.

I can't wait for this spring for the prairie dogs and the hornet! I'm lovin it so far. My only complaint was that I waited so long to get one.
Let me know if you wanna part with any if that loaded ammo. I'm living in AZ right now til April. I don't have my reloading stuff up and running til I get back to utah.
My HMR is gonna feel neglected!

Traditional >>>------->

I love the 22 hornet!
I'm sure I'd love the 17 Hornet too if I had one.

Ya done good HC!
It's fun when you get a real shooter like that.

Zeke

"only accurate guns are interesring" Col Townsend Whelen... I think

HC,
I should get me one but....
There's a small pile of actions that need barrels and I have the wood (real purdy stuff) to put on them. I've also got 3 rifles that need re-barrelled.
At my age, that should keep me pretty busy for a few years with build jobs and load developement. When I die, my kids don't want a pile of gun parts... I want them to have the completed rifles, build by dear ole dad! I'd better get busy!
Everything boils down to time, money, desire!
BTW, The smallest thing I shoot at the moment is a triple-deuce. I love little cartridges more than all the big stuff but they have their place too.
Good stuff there HC, well done!
Zeke

Sounds like a blast Zeke! I used to be a bige bore whore! Don't get me wrong I still love shooting the big bores but these little pea shooters are so damn fun. It keeps my 6 year old involved too! He's already got dibs on my 17HMR. He told me last year while on Boulder Mtn that it's his gun now. :)

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom