17 youth deer help

snpr700

My son has a deer hunt in 17 coming up. I was in the unit for an elk hunt in the north part of the San Mateos and the Magdalena's and only saw 8 does and a dink buck. He won't shoot a young buck, he wants a mature buck. Has anyone seen ANY bucks recently? We were up pretty high during the elk hunt and saw no bucks. We may hit the south end by springtime and try up high. Any help is appreciated.

You'll be very disappointed in Springtime as well. I'm not sure where the deer are this year I've spent a lot of time in 17 this year and have yet to see a good buck...deer in general are few and far between.

Man 17 used to be loaded with nice deer. Last December on a cow elk hunt we saw three different mountain lions cruising during daylight. Didn't give us a shot. That's where all the deer have gone.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom