17A archery mulies

S

stumpjumper

Anyone hunted the Juniper Mesa Wilderness in January?
Thinking about a 2 or 3 day spike camp hunt there and wanting to hear any pros and cons for the area before scouting the area Thanksgiving week.Looking at maybe Juniper Sp. or maybe the south end between Bull Sp. and Lee Sp.along the cliffs.
Thanks.
Ray

I have hunted that area for years. Spent two months on an elk hunt in there two years ago. Did the spike camp thing most of the time. Don't want to discourage you, there is some awesome areas that just don't have any deer. It has been over hunted and the elk have moved in pretty heavily. I don't want you searching all over to find Juniper spring becuase it does not exist anymore(I promise)its on the map but its gone. Its not as big an area as you think, surprisingly you can walk across certain parts and be back to camp quick. When you get into those canyons take your GPS because they all look the same comming out at night. There are a couple areas that have a big deer herd population and when you find them they are all together (I mean 15 to 20 deer in a group) but there are only a couple and they move around a lot. Wish I could tell you more, this will be the first year Im not hunting it because its just not producing the size bucks i want. good luck

Thanks for the insight Bene12. Another buddy has finally stepped up and has shown interest in a archery hunt for Jan. I think we'll be looking at area 10 or 11. When he get's back from his whitetail hunt in Virginia we'll be making plans. It sure looked like the kind of area I like. Away from people in the wilderness, but I at least want a chance at a fat buck.
Will be helping another guy out on his cow hunt in Utah this weekend, but would like to get down there and do some scouting.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom