17a or 17b help.......

Foothills12

If anyone could possibly point me in the direction of a good area to bow hunt in one of these areas. I am in Arizona right now and searched for deer all day in 20a and saw 2 deer. I didn't quite like the area but wasn't really sure I was in the right spots. I am tring the 17 units tomorrow if anyone has any advice on units around Prescott I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Looks like I'm a day late. Hunted 17a and b pretty much my whole life. If you are still interested send me a PM.

Foothills:

Got to Chino Valley, when you see the McDonald's on the left, turn there and go out to the mesa at the end of town..

Good luck,

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Hello,

I saw your post and could definetely use your help. I have a bull elk tag in 6A for Muzzleloader season and scouting for this hunt has consumed a ton of time. Normally I wouldn't have put in for deer in the same year I drew an elk tag but had a good buddy from Ohio who has never taken a muley and was beggin to come out and hunt. So I put in for Unit 10 which I hunt most years but put in for 17B as a back up thinking it was close to my in laws place off williamson valley and this would make it easier to get out and scout a bit. I just was up in the unit on Tues and drove in from camp wood and took FS 705 down to Smith Mesa saw a nice buck and a doe. It seems as though the terrain is vast and rugged with little access. I was going to try to make another trip up next week and come in from the south (iron springs road I think) on county road 66 and scope out the West side of Granite Mountain. Hopefully the terrain is a bit more accesible. Any pointers or tips you may have would be greatly appreciated in helping make this hunt memorable for one of my best buddies. Thanks Adam

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom