18 snow levels?

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Planning on taking a trip into unit 18 this weekend to get away for the weekend and maybe find some velvet! Anybody know what road conditions are up high in the unit? Can we get a 4x4 with camper in on the main roads up top? Thanks for any info ya got.

Mike

I drew the archery elk as well. They had a big wind storm almost like a tornado, last year,Leveled a bunch of trees. No snow should be a great trip. Let me know how it is. Going down next week sometime

John

was up in 18 the end of may spring bear hunting no snow where I was the northern end of the unit you should be tell okay have fun

Thanks for the info Chessidawg!
Just got my new spotter, tripod, and hoping my tines up adapter comes in as well so I can take pictures this weekend... can't wait!

Mike

Yeah we have two deer tags. Have hunted 11 and 19 before so we know how rugged it is. This weekend trip might be canceled though, partners grandma is going into triple bipass surgery Thursday so we might have to push it back to next weekend... thank you for the info so far!

Mike

Has anyone packed into dry diggins or bernard cr? I have never been to that part of the unit. Wondering how far in a person would have to go to get away from the crowd?

I have packed in that area a few times. Down dry diggins into Mcgaffey Cow Camp. It is very steep down from dry diggins to the camp. There is a spring down there with an old cast iron stove. Kind of neat. I know it gets pressure during both archery and rifle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom