18A

LT

I was looking for a little help for an area that i have never hunted, 18A. does anyone have tips or advise they would not mind sharing with me.

If your talking about deer it is really tuff. Lots of subdevision and private land. I promise you will get frustrated but there are some big bucks. Spend every second you can scouting. Next year pick a diferent unit

I have to agree with cat. Ive hunted this unit for deer before. Spent tons of time scouting, thought I had some stuff figured out, opening morning a thousand people were there with me.

Lots of private, and lots of unfriendly squatters. I mean some friggin weirdos.

The upside is, theres usually a couple really good bucks taken out of there on some years for those that get lucky.

Good luck, post some pics if your one of the lucky ones.

Is that ethical?

Try the area around Truxton Flat. This is mostly BLM land open to hunting. There is a ridge running east-west south of Truxton and south of the tracks that is worth hunting. Also the ridges and canyons west of Wright Creek always hold deer. It's tough hunting. I have a tag there also, maybe we will meet. Good Luck.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]I've lived in Kingman since 1972 and have seen Unit 18A go up and down as far as quality deer are concerned.

Though there are some real smoker bucks taken there (photos attached), it is usually just by pure luck or by guys like these who know that area like the backs of their hands.

Look at hunt success there over the past, one of the places where single digit hunt success was not that uncommon.

I used to tel folks it was a glorified camping permit..

I'll try and post some photos of a couple of 18A bucks that I have in my files. Note they are ALL local Kingman guys...

Good luck, and if you see a buck with enough bone on his head to make a knife handle, then BOOM!

Don Martin

4a71e5c310ed3682.jpg

4a71e60a12c54481.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 12:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 12:37?PM (MST)

Here are a couple more 18A bucks from last year...

Whatcha think about them?

These are a father/son team that seems to do well each year.

When they aren't working, they live in Unit 18A, scouting.

The dad won Big Buck at Seligman a couple of years ago, and the son Derrick won the juniors big buck in Seligman last year.

What a couple of big deer!

Don Martin

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl?az=upload_file&forum=DCForumID33

4a71e7531caf6247.jpg

4a71e82a21d1875a.jpg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom