194/196 vs 201/204

BigPig

Very Active Member
Why does 194/196 get all the press? 201/204 is a similar unit with bucks migrating out of the Sierra high country. What makes 194-196 that much better? Or is it? Anyone hunted 201/204 recently? Any good bucks?

If you live in Reno 194/196 is your back yard,and you can sleep in you bed at night. it's a ok unit not like it was back in the 70's early 80's. Last i heard 201/204 is getting better down side is alot of homes being built down there. don't know about any big bucks

In my opinion the big difference is the season dates. 194/196 is a really late hunt 12/21 - 1/1. By then there should be several feet of snow in the sierra's and all the ski resorts are open. 201/204 is 11/5-11/30 which is great being the rut and all, but I don't think there is enough snow to completely push all the Big deer out yet. The muzzleloader tags are better for both the units being in early december still catching the end of rut and the big migration.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about the archery hunt, which is mid to late Dec.

I know the 201/204 area as we have a place in Bridgeport on the CA side. I've seen lots of deer on the winter range in those parts but I can't say I've really seen too many big ones. I've seen plenty of nice bucks on Summer range so they have got to be down there somewhere, I just haven't seen them.

I was just thinking that this may be a similar type of hunt with much better draw odds that 194/6. Anyone with any personal experience on the bow hunt?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom