SOLD 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton Military Blazer

dvolmer

For sale a 1986 M1009 CUCV Chevy heavy duty 3/4 ton 4x4 Camo Blazer that was made by Chevy specifically for the US Army. I have owned this vehicle for 20-22 years and bought it directly from the US Army. It has been garaged and hardly driven since I bought it. It had 52K original miles on it when I purchased it 20-22 years ago and it now has 59 K original miles. 6.2 liter diesel engine, Turbo-400 heavy duty automatic transmission, and heavy duty 3/4 ton chasis (not 1/2 ton like all stock Blazer's). Chevy made these for the US Military from 1984-1986 until they were replaced by the Hummer. Everything is stock inside and out except for a 2 inch lift kit I had Les-Schwab professionally instal on it many years ago. I have hard top that goes with it along with the original Army's owners manual and the spare tire & Kit. Runs and drives very well and just installed two new batteries. 35 inch tires on original rims. $7500. Do your research on these M1009 CUCV Blazer's. Weak moment for me, I actually thought I would never sell this rig in my lifetime but I need to get my garage back and the last two years I haven't driven it over 30 miles total. If you are interested you can text me and I will send you some videos of it that shows it better. 509-947-3640

148BFA8B-8DA0-4D90-A018-CCFEA343E8A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Go online and research the M1009 CUCV Chevy military Blazer. It has all the info you would need to know.

B953E85A-7A1C-48B3-9BEA-D5BE7C2B8619.jpeg

LOL!

I Haven't Forgot about The Power Or The Lack Of!

Ya!

A 3/4 Ton Short Box!

Smoooooooooooth Ride!:D

Not Hi-Jackin Your Thread dvolmer!

Best Of Luck On The Sale!

I Truly Think Homer Needs This Rig!

Not enough power to pull your hat off but it would be a battering ram in the hills.

Every 6.2 I drove wasn’t near as anemic as the hp rating would lead you to believe

I have title in hand. It is not governed at 55 and never has been. I’m in West Richland. I have never thought in all the years I have owned it that it was gutless or under powered. Goes up and down hills on the freeway and never Boggs down. Goes 60 mph no problem. 35 inch tires give ya another 5 plus mph at high end speeds. It is torque’y and in my opinion plenty of power. For a 37 year old rig it is in pretty good shape. Call or text for more info. I can send ya cell text videos if you want to see it better. 509-947-3640

I have driven many while in the military, we kept having problems with people starting right away and not waiting for the glow plugs light to turn off.

Definitely could be a Kool rig but also definitely us not a Heavy Duty 3/4 ton
What is a “heavy duty 3/4 ton”? A genuine m1009 definitely has a 3/4 ton cargo rating.

The difference between a ferd 3/4 and 1 ton is basically a sticker.

There's really no difference. All fords are towed to the shop the same way
Easy there….I had a blazer with a 6.2 for a company car for about 5 minutes. That converted gas engine is one of GM’s better ideas for sure. :rolleyes:

Especially compared to the 6.9 in my first ferd diesel. :cool:

Easy there….I had a blazer with a 6.2 for a company car for about 5 minutes. That converted gas engine is one of GM’s better ideas for sure. :rolleyes:

Especially compared to the 6.9 in my first ferd diesel. :cool:
International made the 6.2. It wasn't a converted engine. mtmuley

International made the 6.2. It wasn't a converted engine. mtmuley
International made the 6.9 in the ford. I have a spare NOS CPS for one if anyone needs one. Lol

The 6.2 was at least branded a GM as I recall. But that was a minute or two ago.

What is a “heavy duty 3/4 ton”? A genuine m1009 definitely has a 3/4 ton cargo rating.

The heavy-duty 3/4 always has a 8 lug axle!
This truck is a k5 and is infact a half ton chevrolet Blazer.

I
I'm afraid you are thinking of the stupid idea gm had when they converted 5.7 motors from gas to diesel..
Not a bright idea for GM.
I know the difference. The 6.2 diesel was made by Detroit diesel. I was reying on memory when I said International. A totally different engine than the converted 5.7. mtmuley

The heavy-duty 3/4 always has a 8 lug axle!
This truck is a k5 and is infact a half ton chevrolet Blazer.
I believe 10-bolts were used in many 3/4 ton applications, although I agree that 12-bolts are more “heavy duty”. My GM came with Dana’s :)

International made the 6.9 in the ford. I have a spare NOS CPS for one if anyone needs one. Lol

The 6.2 was at least branded a GM as I recall. But that was a minute or two ago.
The 6.2 was a collaberation between GM and Detroit…. It was not a converted gas engine…like notrace said…that was the 5.7 used mostly in oldsmobile cars….

Yes....a Cargo rating is nothing more than a "weight" that the vehicle was loaded to and didn't fail.......the Military has no problem over loading things....just like average Joe's....the military just needed it to "say" 3/4 ton

Yes....a Cargo rating is nothing more than a "weight" that the vehicle was loaded to and didn't fail.......the Military has no problem over loading things....just like average Joe's....the military just needed it to "say" 3/4 ton
And then there was the “10,000#” pto winch on my deuce and a half. Took two people to drag the cable.

Just agreeing with you that service ratings are somewhat arbitrary.

I had forgotten that POS 5.7 L and misremembered it as the 6.2. My apologies to the 6.2 fans. :ROFLMAO:

My Dad’s 6.2 he bought new while Mom was pregnant with me back in ‘83 is still chugging along on original motor and transmission with nearly a million miles on it (well, 870k ish if you want a more exact number). Gets 26 mpg still.

The 6.2 was a strange motor it was never really ment to be a power house or a tow monster like we think of today's diesel motors but it went into a lot of half ton and 3/4 ton trucks as well as blazer/ Jimmy's but was also a great dependable engine for the military when the humvee came out it was the motor in all of them until some later models got the 6.5 turbo diesel. Longevity is probably better in the 6.2 but the 6.5 was a better tow motor.

I had a 84 Chevy Sub, with the 6.2, it was pretty good, with decent power, no towing experience, and good mileage. If it was closer to me I would like to see it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom