1st Archery Elk Hunt

Cavalier

I will be helping my Nephew on his first Archery Elk hunt in Unit 37. I have not been on a NM archery elk hunt so I don't know what to expect with regards to hunting pressure. Here in AZ there is a tree stand or blind at every water tank. Will this be what I can expect in NM? What is the overall opinion of the area southeast of White Oaks?
Thanks for any info.

A bad day hunting still beats working!

I don't want to read to much into this, but it appears that NM hunters don't have that much of a problem with the number of hunters hanging out at water hole. Perhaps the reason for that is typically there are a few more watering locations in the Lincoln National Forest.

It really just depends. There are places that you will see exactly what you are referring to in AZ and there are a few tucked away Hidey-holes that are not getting hammered. I personally would not make a game plan that hinged on hunting water because you just never know from year to year.

VERY TRUE! For a rut hunt, it's not about elk getting water as much as it is about wallowing. Just trying to prepare for all options. Thanks for you input.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom