1st decent archery bull

nightstalker

My buddies were sayin I shot prematurely being it was the 1st day of my hunt but I wasn't gonna eat tag soup for the 3rd straight year from being too picky.
DSC_0012.jpg

I snuck up to this guy sleeping under a tree after glassing his 3rds sticking out of the grass. A 9 yard shot in my socks and my hunt was over.

3 days later my buddy connected on his spot and stalk bull too. We suck at calling so we usually hunt things best by glassing then stalking. The bulls were pretty vocal though.
DSC_0040.jpg

I would say that's a little more than decent! Both look big to me. Those are some nice 3rds on your bull. Congrats!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-10 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]Congratulations and great job to you both. I think I would give you a hard time too for shooting prematurely but truth be told, that would only be out of pure jealousy that you had yours on the ground so quickly and I was still hunting. Wonder if that had anything to do with the razzing your buddies were giving you. He is a worthy bull at anytime during a hunt...first or last day!

Since I was tagged out and we were seeing plenty of bulls I decided to see if I could count coup (touch with your hand and leave unharmed) on this 5x5. I had my camera and snapped this pic at 6 yards. I was waiting for the bull to walk to a tree so I could slap his ass but then I figured he might cave my skull in with one kick.
DSC_0011-3.jpg

The 1st pic shows me the following morning after i cleaned myself up at camp with the bull positioned for hanging. Here is a pic when I recovered the bull where he fell.
DSC_0013.jpg

Great bulls and one heck of a stalk! Congrats on a beauty of a bull. That must have been one instense stalk. Don't know that I've ever truly been 9 yds from a bull, in fact i know I haven't. You are the man! Congrats on fillin your tag!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom